No doubt - Scout x Blind!Reader

In an AU where instant healing isn't a thing. Edited the pic myself :3 Request for PrincessRayRayYT

Can write a second chapter if you want, hope you like!
(^ν^)

The Spy moved the light to shine in my eyes, making me wince. "Just kill me already." I said, rolling my eyes. The enemy simply smirked and circled me, like a ravenous vulture trying to jeer at me from every angle.

"Non, petit," he came full circle and stood in front of me again. I tried to move my arms, but they were chained to the chair. Noticing my struggle, the Spy chuckled darkly. "Not to worry, you will see your friends soon," he said cheerfully.

"Why are you returning me if you went to so much trouble to kidnap me?"

"We simply want to send your colleagues a warning." The spy drew two daggers and held them up in front of his face, like a master preparing a shot at darts. "Magnificent," he murmured. Then he grinned, the image etching itself into my mind. "The outcome was never in any doubt."

Then all went dark.

~ Y/N's POV ~

I came to in a dark room with no windows or doors. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs, and an intense headache. Wincing, I felt around with my hands and found I was lying on a sheet, but then the sheet ended and my hands dropped into nothingness. "Frau?" came Medic's worried voice, sounding like it came from right beside me.

"Medic?" I called, looking around for him, but I couldn't see any sources of light. I tried to stand up so I could find a door, but I was pushed back onto the sheet by strong hands. "Bloody Spy!" I yelled, thrashing around to loosen the invisible hands, but they were too strong.

"Hey Y/N, calm down." came Scout's voice. He sounded worried too, and sounded like he was right next to me. "Where are you?" I called, reaching out, but couldn't feel a thing.

"Right here," Scout said, and he grabbed my hand, placing it on his face. "Riiiiight here." he repeated, his voice muffled through my fingers, and I could hear the strained joke in his voice.

"Where are you guys," I said, still not entirely sure they weren't the enemy Spy playing a prank on me before he returned me to my friends. That's if he was even true to his word, which was highly unlikely.

"Frau," Medic said again, "We're right next to you." I looked around again, but still only saw the dark room. "Bullshit, Spy. I know it's you." I lay back down and crossed my arms frustratedly.

"No, Y/N, it's really us." Someone's hand slipped into my own, but I shook it away. Bloody Spy, making the moves on a prisoner.

"You're blind."

That's not true, just the Spy messing with my head. I tried to stand up again, and this time no one stopped me. Once I was standing, with the sheet beneath my feet, I took a step...

...into nothingness?

I fell to the hard ground and grunted in pain, the pain in my ribs turning from intense to excruciating. Feeling around in the dark with my hands, I felt cold tiles, and what felt like where the floor met the wall. I stood up, keeping my hand on the wall.

Figuring the silence meant the Spy was hiding in the corner somewhere, I tried to feel my way over to the door. "Just turn the bloody lights on already, Spy!" I called.

Once again the invisible hands were back, this time holding me back. "You're about to run into a desk," came Scout's voice. The hands held my wrist and directed my hand forwards and down a bit... and sure enough, there was the corner of a table.

"This isn't a trick," he said. "We're not Spies. We found you on the doorstep with daggers in your eyes."

I immediately felt my face and realised there was a bandage covering my eyes. I tried to rip the bandage off, but the hands stopped me. "Don't, you'll make it worse. Doc said you need a week to heal your other injuries."

Scout guided me back to the bed and I sat, realising I'd stood up on the bed and walked right off it. I lay down on the bed and cried. Without my sight, what kind of a mercenary am I?

I felt a weight on the bed next to me, and a hand lightly touched my hair. "I'll stay with you the entire time," Scout whispered. I felt him kiss my hair just as lightly.

"And once I heal?" I whispered back through my tears, not realising I'd been crying. "I'll still be blind. I'll have to quit." I started feeling panicky, and started to sob. "Scout what's going to happen to me?"

I felt his hand move and start to rub my back comfortingly. My sobbing subsided slightly, but the tears kept falling. "We'll work something out, toots." I heard Medic agree.

The next voice came from right next to my ear. "Whatever happens, I'm not letting you go," Scout whispered, sounding like he was crying too. And as he kissed my forehead, I knew that he would be by my side. That wasn't in any doubt.