Sleeplessness - Spy x Reader

Another oneshot from book 2 that I'm sticking here.

This picture was taken by me! I was at my nan's house, and I took photos of the supermoon with my rubbish iPod camera. ^.^

Enjoy the feels, mah koalas!

You couldn't sleep.

And that's not even your fault - you weren't even up stalking people on Tumblr like you usually did. You weren't even watching YouTube.

You were waiting for him.

He said that he would be back at around 10am. You pulled out all the stops - a yummy cooked breakfast, with the thickened cream mixed into the mashed potato, just the way he liked. You wore your prettiest skirt and the top that he'd bought you just because he thought you'd like it.

Then came midday, and the breakfast was cold.

Maybe the train's running late, you thought optimistically. You put the breakfast in the fridge, so that at least you could heat it up later.

By dinner time, you were fairly sure that the train wasn't that late. You changed into your pyjamas and sat in the hall as you ate the leftovers of the breakfast, staring at the door pensively.

At 10pm, exactly twelve hours after he said he'd be home, you trudged upstairs and straight into bed. Unmoving, you closed your eyes and tried not to cry.

He said. He said.

Despite your best efforts you started to sob, and you didn't hear the door creak open. When the bed creaked next to you, you assumed it was your shoulders moving with every shaking breath.

But there was no mistaking the arms wrapping around your waist.

He had taken off his mask, and his stubble lightly grazed your cheek as he kissed you. I'm back, he whispered, turning you and holding you closer.

You fell asleep with your head laying on his chest, amidst murmured promises.

I won't leave you again.
I mean it.