6. Subdivision

R O S A

We drove around the neighborhood, looking for anything, really.

"The ranch is gone, Michael." "But the $5 million might not be." The brothers bickered.

"And you gonna find it how?" T-bag said.

"What, you got a divining rod tattooed on your ass?" T-bag kept pressing Michael.

"I don't want hear anything out of your mouth other than what your photographic memory spits out, regarding that map!" Michael yelled at Bagwell.

"You watch your tone with me, boy." T-bag said as he glared at Michael, Michael turned around just to face him.

"I will watch you get tossed to the side of the road to fend for yourself, boy." Michael spat back at him.

"Because if you can't remember where that silo was, you're worthless to us." Michael finished before turning back around, he put his arm around me again.

We heard Tweener holler to be let out, Lincoln just told him to shut up.

"The map!" Michael demanded Theodore Bagwell.

"Okay, okay, okay, all right, all right, all right." T-bag said as he tried to remember the map that he just ate.

"The ranch- the ranch was in the center of a box, Sheep Road on one side, Kokosing Road perpendicular." T-bag started to remember the map.

He explained how the house was in the center, and the ranch house was surrounded by trees.

We got out of the car, a jogger ran by as I glanced at him, he was staring at the four dirty people stepping out of a dented car.

"Every tree here is a year old, at most. Except those." Michael said as I stood in between him and Lincoln with T-bag  on the other side of Michael.

We looked at some trees that were across an empty lot, surrounding a brick house.

"Where was the silo?" I asked, I looked over at T-Bag to see him hitting his forehead to remember the map.

"Inside the trees, I wanna say to the left, but that may have been a barn." He sighed as his alive hand dropped to his side.

"I remembered the best I could, gents and madam, but I didn't know this place would be smothered in tract homes, so, you know, I'm sorry that I'm not Rain Man over here." T-bag rambled.

We got back in the car and waited for T-bag to remember where the silo was.

Michael rested his head on my shoulder as I drew lines on his hand for awhile.

"I can't believe I broke your hand.." Lincoln said in guilt.

"You didn't, Linc, I can move it, it's not broken." I smiled at him as I barely moved my fingers.

Michael rested his forehead on my shoulder before holding his head up, and kissed my jaw.

"Silo, silo, silo, silo, silo." T-bag said, "This is stupid. We're gonna get made out here." Lincoln interrupted T-bags process.