17. Panama pt. 1

R O S A

I turned the radio off as I neared the freight boat that I'm supposed to be on in less than ten minutes.

Something caught my eye in the rear view mirror and I noticed an unmarked car just following me.

My phone rang and I sighed, "Hello?" I answered although I knew who it was.

"Hey, are you alright?" Michael asked on the other side of this line.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just heard about the President. What does it mean?" I asked quickly.

"It means it's time to go." "Okay, when?" I asked.

"Ten minutes. How far away are you?" He asked and I looked in my mirror.

"Five." I promised him.

"Linc and I are on the ship.. This is it. There's no turning back now. I know it's not wanted from your life, but--" "I'm almost there." I kept him from saying anymore.

"I'll see you soon." He spoke softly and I smiled lightly before checking my mirror again and the car was still behind me.

I wiped under my eyes quickly, knowing I'd lead them right to Michael and Lincoln if I went to the boat.

So I made a decision in that second- that I'd take the fall for them, so that they could have the life they deserve.

I turned to the right instead of the left, away from the boat.

I glanced behind me to see the car still followed, so I turned right again,

There was a small white and blue building that looked abandoned that was named 'Windy City's Donuts'."

I jumped as my phone rang again, "Hello?" I answered trying to calm myself down.

"Rosa, what's the matter?" Michael spoke and his voice instantly soothed me.

"The ship is leaving." He informed me and I looked back to see more unmarked cars pulling up behind me.

"What's wrong? Rosa?" "I'm already on board." I lied, to keep this guy I was in love with safe.

"I'm sorry. I must've just missed you. Where are you?" I said as I gripped the steering wheel to keep me from screaming.

"We're on deck." He said and I nodded although he couldn't see me, "Good, good. I'm on my way up. I love you, Michael." I said before I hung up.

I heard the boats foghorn sound off and I closed my eyes for a second.

I sniffled before stepping out of the car, a few unmarked cars and some police cruisers boxed me in.

I put my hands in the air as I walked over to an agent, she cuffed my hands behind my head as they read my rights to me.

Mahone pulled up and walked over to me, "Where is he?" He demanded.

"I don't know." I said looking him right in the eye.

"No more games, Rosa. You were on your way to see him." "No, I wasn't." I spoke convincingly.