12. Disconnect

M I C H A E L

"You think Rosa has this thing?" I asked as I faced my dad as him, Sucre, Lincoln, and I stood in a desert.

We all met at the rendezvous point and my brother happened to bring my dad who I've rarely seen throughout my whole life.

"The government does." My dad, Aldo Burrows, spoke about having some kind of recording that had Terrance Steadman talking to his sister, President Reynolds, two weeks after he was supposedly killed by Lincoln.

"I just saw her yesterday, if she does have anything, she doesn't know." I spoke as I looked around.

"Well, where is she now?" My dad asked, "I don't know." I spoke sadly because I was confident she'd come back to me.

"Anyway you can get in touch with her?" "We bought cell phones. I could call her." I answered Linc.

"Oh, please, please, please, bro. Call her from Panama, please!" Sucre begged because his girl, Maricruz, was waiting in Panama.

"We got less than two hours, I gotta make that flight!" Sucre checked his watch, because we had a special plane in place, and it was only giving us a five minute window.

We heard rustling behind some rocks and I assumed the worst.

I shushed everyone as we all looked to where we heard the noises, of course, Mahone walked up and Lincoln yelled at us to run as Mahone pointed his gun at us.

We all ran as quickly as we could to the getaway car we were provided with.

Our dad covered us at first before he made a run for it too, we all jumped in the car and went backwards so he didn't have to run as far.

As he got in I sighed with relief before looking at my dad who sat by me in the back, I noticed his shirt was covered in blood and my smile melted away instantly, "Linc." I spoke with concern.

"Sucre, get us to a hospital." "Where am I supposed to find a hospital out here-" "Just get us to one!" I yelled at one of my friends.

"It's not worth it, he got me clean through." He spoke as I held him in my arms.

"You're going to be okay." Lincoln spoke loudly.

"Listen to me, both of you. I'm sorry. I wish I'd never left." My dad confessed before he started coughing.

"Don't talk, just breathe, okay?" I assured him everything would be okay.

But I knew I was holding my dying father.

--

R O S A

I winced as I cleaned a large gash on my arm.

I got by renting a small motel room from a very dingy, freaky motel, where they don't care if I'm a convicted felon as long as they have my business.

I knew what has to be done..

I breathed shakily as I used a match box and sterilized the needle I had, with just some thread I had on me.

-

After I stitched myself up, I fainted on the bed, but not two minutes after I was done.

I took a shower once I had some water.

The water at my feet was red as I rinsed all of my cuts, and there was a lot.

I got dressed into some clean clothes that I got from a thrift store.

Nice jeans that fit me and a warm sweater because I always seemed to be cold.

I sat on my bed and turned on the news, it was just politics and Fox River Eight stuff.