8. Deadfall

R O S A

I watched in anticipation as Michael and Sucre went back and forth before Sucre told us it was all business.

Michael handed him the bag, begging him to not do what he was about to do.

But Sucre left, on that black motorcycle he came here on.

"I don't believe this, we have come all this way with all of this work." "I thought you two were compadres, tattoo?" C-note and T-bag bashed Michael.

"What are we gonna do now, man? The police will be here any second." C-note said, "There's no way I'm letting that amigo ride off with five!" T-bag shouted.

I left the garage and Michael followed.

"It's all right." Michael said to the women before he grabbed a small knife from the drawer.

"All right, I'm going to give you this, and you should be able to cut yourself free in about an hour." Michael said putting the knife in Jeanette's hand.

Michael left, talking about how he was going to tie up T-bag for the police.

I took the gag off of Bea again, "I'm sorry, alright? But I'm innocent, so is Lincoln." I whispered to her.

"I'll help you, I swear, Rosa." She promised and I shook my head.

"I just wanted to apologize, and congratulate you, too." I lightly smiled.

I turned to leave, "You love him, don't you?" She asked and I turned towards her again.

"Michael," She clarified, I stammered.

"Go, now. Or else they'll get you guys." She said and I slowly nodded, "I do." I answered her question from before, Michael came in and took the radio from Bea and we left.

Apparently T-bag had already left so C-note booked it as well.

Michael and I ran through some trees, again. It seems like we do it a lot.

We heard police sirens nearby as we kept running.

We slowed down as we saw Sucre getting off of his bike, he turned around quickly, pointing the gun at us.

"Too much?" Sucre smiled as he put the gun away, "You were great." Michael smiled.

I closed my eyes as they did a little handshake, "Michael," I spoke in annoyance as I looked at him, "Do you not trust me or something? Why do you never tell me what's going on?" I spoke loudly as Sucre complained about how heavy the backpack was.

"I trust you, of course I trust you," He said walking up to me, "The more you don't know, the safer you are." He said and I sighed.

I stood a few yards away as they opened the backpack.

They talked about splitting the money up in five ways, Sucre, Michael, Lincoln, Charles' daughter and me.

I thought about my dad, I haven't thought about him much throughout this whole thing, I mean, it's not like he cared about me, I was an illegitimate child, my mom cheated once and got pregnant, and that's why she is now remarried to a different man.

The only people who know about my dad are my family.. And Bea and now Sucre.

"Where the hell is the money?" I heard Sucre say and I looked at the bag to see a bunch of magazines stacked in it.