Part of Me

A/N:

Thank you for your supportive comments!

-----------------------------

'I'm not that older than him am I?'

You smiled warmly at the blonde.

"What do you need?"

"W-Well, Sinbad was telling me that I should get used to talking to important people." Alibaba answered nervously.

'Oh?'

"Is that old man your mentor?" You asked with a soft laugh.

"... You could say." The young prince then rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

'Why is this kid so timid-'

"I'm sorry Queen, I'm normally not like this but..." He paused to avert his gaze. "It's not everyday that I'm in front of someone so beautiful."

'Sinbad is definitely his mentor.'

"Don't tell me you called me out here just to try and flatter me." You raised a brow and looked at him with uninterest.

"No, no, I just wanted to introduced myself in case we have further contact." Alibaba answered suddenly changing from timid to firmly polite. "I apologize if I offended you."

"It's fine. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, Alibaba." You responded coolly.

The blonde bowed in front of you.

"Empress (Y/N), I find it admirable seeing you've completed the same feat as Sinbad but at a little younger age and as a woman. Things must have been harder for you because of that glass ceiling." The male then straightened his back.

'He's one of those...'

"Well, you don't look back, you're not going that way." You commented while raising a finger.

"Brilliantly said your majesty!" Derek added while nodding.

"I agree, and that being said... I would like to get to know you better... After all, you're only like what? Two years older than me?" His amber eyes had a gentle yet lustful look to them.

'Shame I'm leaving, but I can't let go of the fact that he might be interested in me romantically.'

"Oh, I'm not stay-"

"She would love to, my prince." Derek bowed in front of you and waved the Alibaba off. "Be sure to give me the date and time, we have other matters to attend currently." He then quickly dragged you off around the corner.

"Derek-"

"Before you start Lady (Y/N), I just want to say that you should accept every opportunity that comes your way." He looked into your eyes briefly. "We should be doing more to expand your power, another djinn perhaps?"

"No, I'm fine with three. Having more would just be excessive." You hinted at Sinbad while letting out a huff of amusement. "Are you sure a dinner with some boy is going to help me gain power?"

"That boy could be a king someday." Derek then sighed. "If you don't want another djinn then we have to expand politically and socially, okay? I see various ways we can do that here."

"If you say so..." You shrugged in response.

"Now, let's go inform Sinbad that you're staying longer." He then closed his eyes and put a hand on your shoulder.

"Can you do it for me?" You asked while yawning. "I don't want to talk to him."

"No, you need to do it." Your advisor responded while tugging you a bit.

"Well... Okay, let's turn around..." You both then walked back down the corridor towards what seemed the be the king's conference room. When at the door, Derek opened it for you and stepped aside.

"After you my Queen."

"Thank you." You stepped in the room as the purple haired male looked up in surprise from his desk.

"Oh Lady (Y/N)." He rested his head on his chin. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

You looked back to Derek nodding at you eagerly and sighed.

"I've changed my mind, I'll be staying a little longer."

"Well that's good to hear, I almost thought you forgot about me." Sinbad smiled softly and stood up.

"Lady (Y/N), I'll help prepare your room and once that's done I'll come get you. Shouldn't be too long." Derek then switched his attention to the king. "Lord Sinbad, don't let her offend you that much."

"Don't worry, she's in good hands." Sinbad laughed a little and glanced at you. "Empress." He bowed.

"Geez what is he? My mom?" You whispered to yourself as Derek left the room.

Sinbad then chuckled softly.

"I say the same thing about Ja'far."

"I can hear you, you know." The silver-haired advisor retorted from another desk.