Recovery

Thank you for your patience!
____________________________

"(Y/N)..." Derek started. "Before we discuss this, I want to know what Judar was talking to you about before things turned nasty... And if... You agreed to anything."

'That, huh?' You stared blankly ahead for a moment.

"Nothing." You lied. "That lunatic just wanted Sinbad to suffer by-" You grunted and inhaled sharply when you started hurting again.

"I'd say you've suffered more than him." He reached out to your forehead to check your temperature. "Three of your ribs are broken and you have multiple contusions all over your body (Y/N)."

"I'll call on Asmoday later when i'm not as fatigued." You smiled through the pain.

"Anyway..." You then continued. "The rumors concerning the Kou empire as the host for a certain organization are making me hesitant in even trusting the words that I read." You skimmed the letter again.

"Precisely." Derek agreed. "Just look at what a ruined state Balbadd is in."

"Well, their king was a man-baby to begin with..." You added while raising a brow. "But only a fool would accept the parameters of their economic plan..."

"There are some idiots out there (Y/N)..." Derek seemed to be hinting at someone as he rolled his eyes.

"Honestly..." You shook your head in disappointment. "But back to Kou... And speaking of idiocy the Kou empire has done some things that we don't agree with."

"Now then..." Derek looked at you sincerely. "I think we can both agree..."

'Both of us are already decided on what we want. Having this conversation is meaningless unless we have a different opinion.'

"Yeah, we're putting this incident behind us and staying with Sindria."

"An excellent decision my empress." He nodded in approval. "I'll send word to General Soy to calm the people. After all, we need them backing you now more than ever."

"Yes, I'll to Mira and them later..." You let out a heavy sigh. "Would you write them back for me? I'm not a fan of writing rejection letters."

'Mira is the one I have to get behind me.'

"As you wish empress." The male responded. "Now we just have one more matter to clear..."

"What is it?" You inquired.

"The actions you took six days ago." He narrowed his dark eyes.

"What about them?" You stared back at him.

"You used Hell's Scorch..." You could tell he was angry by the tone he used."You activated it knowing fullwell that people around you- Could die!"

Die.

That word rung in your head.

'I could have died.'

You twitched your head in irritation.

Where did that come from? You would never say that out loud.