Time

You sat in Sinbad's office awaiting for your advisor to return, it had been about twenty minutes and you were beginning to grow impatient. You then looked over at Sinbad who was tracing the embroidery of the sofa.

'Where is he?'

Switching your gaze to the window, you noticed it was late in the afternoon. 'Oh well.'

"Don't worry my lady..." Sinbad started. "I'll take good care of you." He said in a husky tone as his hand crept to your leg.

"Why you pervert king-"

"Please, call me Sinbad." He teased with a small smile as you scooted away from him.

"Cheeky little shit." You smirked and turned away from him while crossing your arms.

Oh how Sinbad's character annoyed you.

"M-My lady! Don't use that sort of language!" Derek stepped into the room a bit slowly. "Please lord, she didn't mean-"

"No it's okay, I shouldn't have said that." Sinbad admitted as he chuckled nervously.

<Sinbad POV>

'This just goes to show that she's not like the women of the masses, most would have swooned.
...
Or maybe she's just stubborn...'

The female then looked back at him in an unamused manner.

It looked cute.

'C-Cute?

Come on Sinbad, just because there's some hot emperor-less empress that has a large and powerful empire and not to mention a large-'

"W-Well, my lady, your room is ready." Derek bowed to the empress as she stood up. "Oh and I ran into Alibaba again while I was in the corridor, your dinner time has been decided."

"Oh really?" Her voice had an underlying tone of interest that was barely noticeable. "When?"

'Dinner?! With Alibaba?'

"Tomorrow, around six when the sun starts to set. " The dark-skinned advisor answered while standing up straight again.

"You already have a dinner with Alibaba?!" The king asked sounding more hurt than he wanted to. "You're supposed to be my special guest."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and gave a small huff of annoyance.

"Well I don't need to say in this room with you any longer, so I'll be going... Let's go Derek." She stated defiantly before turning towards the door. "And I'm not anyone's 'special guest' so don't call me that."

The two Altasians then left the office, leaving Sinbad feeling conflicted.

'That advisor of hers, Derek, was it? He looks around (Y/N)'s age so that makes him pretty young... Young enough to-' He stopped his slightly tainted mind thought about something that seemed a bit more realistic.

'Assume the missing king spot in her empire?
...
Wait why do I care?
It's not like...
It's not like I want to marry her right?

Why do I have this urge of...

Like I want her to like me?'

Sinbad thought as he stared at the large doorframe before him.

"Just give it time Sin." Ja'far said, noticing his king's mood. "She'll warm up to you... Or at least acknowledge you."

"Yeah..." The king gave an unsure response before looking in his direction. "Ja'far, can you turn in the paperwork I was filling out earlier? I want to speak with a certain blonde..."

"Alibaba? Why?" The silver-haired male cocked a brow. "Are you afraid that he's become better at picking up women than you?"

"No, I just want to know what he's up to." The king then paused as if his next words were heavy. "He's got his own agenda after all..."

"I'll be sure to get it done for you." Ja'far gave the king a small smile and leveled the papers he had in his hand. "It's not like I was going anything anyway..." He huffed.

"Thanks, I owe you one." Sin then walked out the door to the hall and made his way down to Alibaba's quarters.

Upon coming across a connecting courtyard, Sinbad saw Sharrkan and Spartos giggling amongst themselves.

'Probably talking about some girls they saw at the bar.' It wasn't until Sinbad made his way past them that he caught Sharrkan's attention.

"Oi Sinbad." The household member called. "Aren't you coming with us to see some pretty women today?"

"Nah... You two can go on ahead." The king replied while waving them away.

Sharrkan tapped Spartos on the shoulder. "He's probably intested in bedding that hot queen." The tan male commented in a loud whisper.

"Sharrkan..." Sinbad turned slowly. "Shouldn't you be going now?" The anger radiated off his voice and sent shivers down the other male's spine.

"R-Right, let's go Spartos." Both of them then quickly left the courtyard leaving the king in his thoughts.

'Sure I think of her romantically, but that's only because I'm always around such beautiful women.' Sinbad let a faint red cover his cheeks as he remembered some enjoyable moments.

"On second thought." He chased after the other two males. "I'm coming with you."

"Oh?" Sharrkan stopped and turned around to face his king. "Good choice Sinbad." He added with a grin while Spartos fist pumped.

"Now let's have a good time!"