The Start of Conflict

"Duel in my body, Orthrus!"

Your djinn equip was a black armor set with a torn dark red waist cape and your scimitar was now longer with a red tint. A black rotating trail of smoke surrounded you and your sword.

You sliced through the air defiantly, sending a strong gust of wind towards Judar.

He snorted.

"It's gonna take a lot more than fancy armor and sword skill to beat me." He then cocked a brow arrogantly. "Need I remind you that I am a magi?"

The pain from beforehand resurged.

'I need to heal or else all of this will be for nothing.'

"Asmoday!" You commanded and for a split seconded your ruby (or stone of your choice) necklace glimmered.

Your second djinn activated and you were surrounded by a white glow. Slowly, your wounds started healing as Judar watched with a smirk.

Already having one djinn equip it was hard for you to activate another one on the spot. 'When this is over, I'll train harder.' Your wounds were only healed one-third of the way. 'This is all I can do at the moment.' You switched back quickly before Judar sent anything your way.

"Empress," Judar started. "I can see that you are tired." He teased while pouting his lips. "Why don't you lay down?"

You were slammed down and landed kneeling. The ground cracked beneath you under the pressure.

"And this time, you won't get back up!" The Magi send created multiple ice spears with ragged edge and pointed them towards you.

"Aura magic." You whispered. "Hell's Scorch."

Instantly, a blistering hot wave of heat was unleashed surrounding you and out into the city.

Sinbad POV

"Listen Derek-" The temperature suddenly skyrocketed. "W-What's this?" Ja'far wiped the sweat that started to form off his forehead and looked at his king.

"A sudden change in temperature, but this isn't natural-"

"I know what it is." The empress' adviser said in a cautious tone. "But why would she activate it? Heat like this- It could hurt people that are near-by."

"What is it Derek?" Ja'far questioned with the concern clear in his voice.

"It's part of empress (Y/N)'s djinn equip."

Your POV

The ice Judar had created melted and the rukh around him formed a borg to protect him from the smoldering temperature that you were able to see in the air. All the wooden and flammable items around you were seared and now useless.

"Not bad... But water isn't my only affinity." Judar pointed his wand at the sky and the clouds started to rumble. "I'll use this heat you made to make my magic even more potent."

You looked up at the swirling clouds. 'Oh no he's gonna-' You managed to jump out of the way before a purple flash of lightening smashed into the ground. The surge of energy left an indent in the ground and the remaining current seemed to dance on the floor before it disappeared.