Stubborn

<Your POV>

The room Derek brought you to was very elegant and symmetrically appealing.

"What do you think your majesty?" The male asked while leaning in forward slightly.

"It'll do." You responded in a monotone voice.

Derek sighed in disappointment and lowered his head.

"O-Oh." You put your hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Sorry, that's me being stubborn... I really do like it, thank you."

"That's good to hear your majesty... I was beginning to think you seriously dreaded being here." He looked up and smiled courteously.

"Not really..." You let your gaze drift aside. "It'll just take some getting used to... How long do we plan on staying here anyway?"

"Around four weeks, it'll only take me one week to finish the paper work and the other three weeks are for you to get familiar with your new business partner." The dark-skinned male answered. "Now, my lady, if you don't need anything else... I bid you a good night."

"That's all thanks. Good night." You replied simply.

'Sinbad, huh?'

The following day you woke up an hour before noon and got ready for the upcoming afternoon. You sat in front of a mirror combing through your (H/C) hair.

'Today I have dinner with that blonde...' You thought while staring at your reflection. 'What does he want anyway?'

There was a light knock as the door cracked open.

"My lady, your breakfast." Derek entered followed by two friendly-looking maids who were carrying a tray of assorted breakfast delicacies special to  Sindria. "Lord Sinbad said he was giving you the best."

"Thank you." The maids then walked out, leaving the two of you alone.

While inspecting the intriguing items on the tray you came across a folded letter.

Empress (Y/N),

I hope you enjoy this food as much as I enjoy being in your graceful presence.

The sea monster is marinated with-

"I don't like sea food." You then threw the note aside and turned your head away from the tray. "It disgusts me."

"Should I request a change? There's some fruit and other meats on the side-"

"No that's okay, I've lost my appetite." You interrupted stubbornly as you pushed the silver platter further from you. Derek let out yet another sigh before taking the plate from you.

"What am I going to do with you?" He said to himself whilist rubbing his temples. "Can you let go of your attitude for at least your dinner with the young prince?"

"... Maybe..." You responded while playing with a strand of your (H/C) hair. "No promises."

"Well anyway, I will inform you of the emotional demographics of the people here before I take my leave." Derek bowed.

"Go on."

"It's strange actually... Everybody loves Sinbad, it's like he can do no wrong. Even I after having a simple private discussion with him I enjoy his charismatic self." He stood straight and folded his arms gently in front of him. "Empress, I recommend that you have a positive relationship with him."

"Acknowledged..." You replied dismissively. "You may go."

"As you wish." Derek then stepped out of your room, leaving you with your thoughts.

'My alliance with this stupid man is for the good of my empire.' You kept telling yourself. But you were having a hard time placing him on your good side.

To you, Sinbad was shady and a possible military threat. What was he doing sitting around inside a bubble with all his power? Maybe in his head these were alleged moves in preparation of something, but... What was he waiting for? Sindria and the Kou empire weren't doing so good... So he was most likely waiting for a war to unfold.

So then with the addition of your own empire he now has more power than the Kou, rumor even has it that Leam will be included soon. The Kou empire, being intimidated, should be out enough of the way for Sinbad to deal with Altharmen. Furthermore, smaller countries who want to avoid conflict will then be forced to choose a side when the bloodshed starts. So what's the obvious choice?

Sindria.

Almost the whole world will be united in Sinbad's legion.

"Everybody loves Sinbad, it's like he can do no wrong." The words your advisor told you rung in your head.

You then came to your conclusion.

Now a unified world didn't seem so surreal.

Sinbad was closing in on checkmate.

You then realized it.

'Everything is falling into place for him.'