Chapter 9

History is not what I thought it would be. Usually - from the word history - you'll talk all about the past, tha's why many find it boring. But what i've learned today is quite interesting.

The History taught us about Neutral Elementals.

In the past, people with neutral affinity is shunned in the society. They thought that our ability is a form of evil, an abnormality. They said that those who have this kind of ability had associations with demons.

Demons are practitioners of mostly dark, fire and neutral affinity. Those naive people from the past arrived at the conclusion that people who doesn't have an elemental affinity were demon offsprings. They immediately executed those people.

It was torture for Neutral Elementals. Fortunately, not all people that time had that kind of notion. A brave hero stood up for them and got their justice.

What the hero did was convinced the king. He said that having this people with neutral affinities are very advantageous for them. Sure the elements can do the things that a neutral elemental can but you would need multiple combinations of elements to succeed, it would also waste a lot of magic power.

Of course, the king was not easily convinced. Fortunately, at the end of the day, the king gave them a chance. They have to earn the trust of the king and the citezens by serving the king. Though its seemed hard, theybstill did their best. If they can prove that they don't have the evil that the other people claimed, then they will have the freedom that they deserve.

It' an interesting story. I often wondered what if i was born on that time. I would have died or maybe hide forever until the hero saves us. Who knows?

We also learned about the history of our school. ADELA was supposed to be a school for only those who have elemental affinities. ADELA means Advance Development of Elemental Level Academy. A very long name, its nickname before was just elemental academy but since they accept neutral affinity students now, they now call it ADELA.

ADELA was founded by 5 people, the current headmistress and the original 4 dormitory heads. The other 2  heads are added in a later time. The head of the Beauty Dorms and Hardwork Dorms are the first teachers of ADELA who has a neutral affinity.

That's the last of our discussion. I was about to go on my next class but.

"Skylar Evans! Skylar Evans! Please go to the headmdateress office."

Looks like I have to skip my next class. I thought. I walk my way to the headmistress's office located at the 5th floor of the main building, which will tire us to death if we chose to climb the stairs. Thankfully, teleportation circles are located in each floor.

I knocked on the door, a small voice said to open it.

Offices are suppose to have papers and things that are scattered on a table. What I saw is completely out of my expectation. It was like a small house. You can feel the atmosphere of being home.

Two people were already inside sitting on a sofa. A male and a female.

The female gestured for me to come closer. You have already guessed who she is. Our headmistess, Professor Riddle is a woman in her late forties, wears galsses and arranged
her gray hair in a bun.

She gestured for me to sit. "This is Prof. Cook. He is going to help you find out what your ability is."

Prof. Cook is a man younger looking than the headmistress. He's fat and bald but he got this kind eyes like a parent.

"Ok. Put your card on the slot."

There is golden pyramid in the table. At the bottom part was a slot.

I put the card inside. The man started to wave his hands in the as if catching something. He seems to gather something on the pyramid.

The pyramid started to brighten and directed at the card. We waited until all light from the pyramid was drained.

After ensuring that there are no lights left, Professor Cook gestured at me to take the card. There are now new information in the card.

Name: Skylar Evans
Age : 16
Elemental Affinity: Neutral
Ability: Guardian Summoner
               Maximum
               Divine Will
               Divine Form
Dormitory: Beauty (Rm 542)
Innate: Heal

Savings: 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper