Chapter 28

We were the second pair who finished fighting. The first one was the Dark Mage Tower against a school who only accepts Neutral Elementals. Of course, Dark Mage Tower won. All their opponents are either unconscious or full of injuries.

Since they haven't broke any rules, the referee pardoned them. It would be bad luck to someone if they fought with this school.

We rested and observed the other fights. ThunderBlaze Academy unfortunately lost to the Church of Light. They have this ability that can restrict their opponents's abilities.

After a few hours, all fighting ceased. All losers were called to the stage to receive their awards. The king personally handed them the artifact. Schools who was not part of the top 16 had envious looks.

"Let's announce tomorrow's pairing."

He pushed the button and popped out is Cult of Darkness against the BeastMaster Academy. Dark Mage Tower is against Rainbow Palace. The third pair is us against the Church of Light. After hearing our school, we parted ways and went back to our rooms.

After changing my clothes, I went straight to the library to search about my secret abilities. I refuse to believe that there are no other information about Guardian Summoning.

I searched on the section regarding summoning. I found a big book on the top most part of the shelf. 'Magician's Guide to Elemental Transfiguration' is its title. I raised my eyebrow, how did a transfiguration book end up on the summoning section?

The first few pages looked normal but after that, the other pages are cut in the center with a small book put in it. I took it. In the center of the small book is a rosebud with thorny vines surrounding it. The book is shut tight by the vines and this vines are not ordinary one. It is very durable and can't be cut by mere means. I asked the librarian if she has any idea how to open the book.

"Excuse me. How can I open this?" She glared at me then looked at the book I'm holding. She took it from to examine it.

"This book is sealed with a powerful wood magic. Asked someone with a wood affinity. They might be able to open them." She went back to her reading.

I left the library while still examining the book. It has twenty pages or so and I can tell that the papers used are of high quality.

I went to the Brave Dorms to find my brother. I find him lounging in their dormitory hall.
I hugged him from the back and said, "I need your help."

"Ouch. You wanted to see me because you want my help?" He faked hurt holding his hand on his chest.

I just rolled my eyes, "Please. I really need it. Do you know anyone who's got decent ability in wood magic?"

"Wood? Well, I don't know if he's gonna help us. He's a bit of a loner and doesn't want to be disturbed but let's try. Follow me." He said while standing up.

I followed him to the teleportation circle and teleported to the third floor. He stopped on room 314 and knocked. It opened and a glaring eye with glasses came out.

"What do you want?"

"Look. Can you do me a favor. My brother needs help on something."

He came out and stared at me up and down. He is a nerd but not Anthony-nerd but a lousy nerd.

"Sky, this is Matthew. A middle Advanced Level Wood Elemental. Maybe, he can help you. Matthew, this is my baby brother Skylar."

He nodded, "What do you want?"

I handed him the book. "I found this on the library and I think there is something in here but its locked. I already told the librarian about the problem but she said that I should consult a Wood Elemental."

He traced the designs with his hands, "This seal is quite powerful. It contains a powerful ancient aura. You'll need a Wood Elemental to open this but only a person who mastered the ability can open it permanently. The problem is that, there is no known human who mastered wood magic. The most powerful Wood Elemental is an elf but you can't ask for help from them. One, they have a deep grudge on humans and second is that there location is unknown."

"I can open it but it will close after a few minutes. This is because this book is very old and can't differentiate a low-leveled magic and high-leveled magic but if I use my ability to open this book, it can't be opened again when it closes."

I nodded. Green light was poured on the rosebud. It started turning and absorbed all thorny vines on the book showing its title. 'Ancient Magic'.

The first page is an introduction. It says here that Ancient Magic is magic that was used by the gods. One out of a million people can have the ability and despite it being powerful, it is very hard to train.

The book also stated that Ancient Magic can be learned but it also has many requirements. The book also said that Summoning is the most known Ancient Magic. Apparently, Forced Summoning is not a Summoning Magic. It is more like a control one. Forced Summoning forces the beast to submit but Summoning is a consensual type of magic. It requires both parties to be willing. Which makes Forced Summoning an invalid Summoning Magic.

This is why Summoning is difficult. Beasts don't want to associate themselves with humans.

There are in total 15 Ancient Magic. I skipped the other parts and focused on Summoning Magic.

It introduces the basics of Summoning Magic. I skipped too many parts, they are to unrelevant then I read a passage, 'Contracted beasts when killed will die forever but one type of Summoning - which is the rarest - is different. Its contracted beasts can't be killed and when disabled, will return to the book of the summoner. This type of summoning also has a special defense. When summoning a beast, it will take a lot of time but this type of summoning has a special defense that can't be destroyed. It will only vanish when the time is up. The time will depend on what level did the summoner achieved. This type of summoning is called Guardian Summoning.