Chapter 20

I looked around for him. Went to the Brave Dorms to find him but he's not there. My eyes are watering up. I'm on the verge of breaking down.

I kept on running without looking. I bumped into someone, thankfully he caught me before I fell. I looked up to find my brother staring at me with his worried expression. I immediately hugged him sobbing on his shoulders. He just pat my back for comfort.

After that embarrasing breakdown. I released him from my hug and noticed that he is not alone.

"Im sorry. Im just worried for the competition." I said blushing.

"Its okay. Are you alright? Nothing happened right?" my brother asked still on his woried tone.

"Im just scared. What if I messed up? You know, I'm just letting out my frustrations."

"You should stop crying. You'll get ugly if you cried."

"Are you kidding?" Dean's friend said. Dean just glared at him.

"You're okay now right?" He questiones in which I nodded.

After that, we parted our own ways. I made a fool of myself back there. I'm just overreacting.

Theres nothing to be afraid of.

I made my way back to the our table and ate with them. We were discussing strategies for the second half because there is a possibility that some similarities will occur.

"Good day everyone and welcome to the second half of today's trial. But before that, lets give a round of applause for the performance of ADELA's Talent Dorms."

The Talent Dorms is performing an orchestra. It helped me a bit. It helped me relax and focus.

There performance earned them so many cheers and claps.

"Thank you for wonderful performance. Wow. Now unto the competition. Please send your second batch's representatives up here."

Many people started to go up. I released a breath first before going also.

"Same as the first batch please stand on what number you want. You'll be sent to individual areas and thats when I will tell the other details."

I stood at the number 4 and waited until all 24 numbers are occupied. A same sensation as being transported washed over me and found myself on an empty area. The surroundings started to change and transformed in to a marsh. A forest with water feared for having hidden quicksands.

"The second batch will be facing hydra's in this trial. Same as the first batch, you have to retrieve something from the hydra but this time. It is located on ome of its head. If you succeed in getting the thing from the hydra, that means the hydra will remain unconscious until it recovered. But if you cut the wrong one, the cut head will multiply so please be cautious. Another thing is that we are not giving 10 points here. Either you get the thing or not is the only option. Either you'll get 0 points or 20 points. Best of luck."

A giant hydra appeared 15 meters away from me. I read about hydras and this thing is not what I thought it would be. This hydra has different colors in every head and instead of five heads, there are seven of them. It is a variant.

The seven colors are as follows; green, red, violet , blue, black, yellow and brown.

I observed it first before attacking. Among the heads, 2 of them do not look aggressive. The green one and the brown one. The scariest is the black head which has horns and red eyes.

I know for sure that the blue one shoots frost from its mouth because it's whole head was excreting cold air around. The red one is the opposite, it shoots fire.

I noticed that the violet head's drool is acidic, or even poisonous so i noted to myself that i have to watch out for the violet one.

I can hear the host's voice telling the audience of whats happening but I mostly tune it out.

If I have to analyze it carefully, there are only 3 heads which can have the hidden thing. The green one and the brown one or the black one. The green and brown heads are always protected by the others so there's a high chance that the thing can be found in there but the black also has a big possibility. I can tell from its aura that it is the main head and it is usually the main head that should be killed but 8 can be wrong.

Since it has too many heads, attacking it in front is too risky so I have to attack it once it's turned against me. I hid myself in the trees and prepared myself for a sneak attack.