Chapter 17

When I woke up. I found myself lying on a bed. All around me is white and smells a lot of herbs and medicine. A woman was hovering above me that would sometimes mutter something  to herself.

My first time to visit the school clinic. Michael and Raphael are already standing up. Among us five, they've got the least damage in our sparring with the headmistress while Jane took the brunt of the headmistress's attack.

Me on the other hand was unconscious due to the depletion of my magic power.

It is not easy to barrage the mind of the headmistress with mental attacks. Because of this, Anthony took some backslash which exhaust his mind, he unconsciously shut down his brain to protect it. Too much damage would damage his brain and will result to death or worst insanity.

"How are you?" The caretaker said assisting me for a drink.

"Im fine." I replied in a croaky voice.

"The damages are not that bad. When you were delivered here, most of your injuries were already healed. The headmistress must have used her Glacial Cure."

It must be the last technique the headmistress used on us.

"I thought water and wood elements are the only elemental affinity which can heal? How can she do it when her affinity is ice?" I asked clearly confused.

"Some of the elements have healing properties. But unlike wood and water, they can only be used by talented people. Fire and Ice are the only elements aside fron water and wood which has healing properties. These two elements are not the gentle type so one wrong move would kill the patient, it is too risky. Fire is mostly used in treating poison and infected wounds. Ice was supposed to be only for anaesthetic use because it would numb the patients wound, it would also stop a poison from circulating around the body temporarily. But a person, the famous Kardel, once an Expert Ice Elemental did some experiments. He made some theories saying that ice is just frozen water. So the possibility of ice having a healing property is high."

"And he is right. Actually, the headmistress is a direct disciple of the Frost Healer. Despite her capabilities, the headmistress doesn't use her ice element for attacking. It is only used solely for healing."

I looked outside through the windows, the sky is starting to lighten. We stayed here for a night. We have been asleep 12 hours.

The doors opened and Professor Riddle walked in.

"I don't want to disturb you but the guest would arrive in an hour from now. Please wake up the others."

We don't have trouble when we woke up Anthony. He's a diligent person. Jane on the other hand is a different story. She won't stand up even if you shake her up. She would only tuck herself on the blankets.

We can't do anything so we asked for help from the headmistress. She took the blankets away and blow a cold air. This made Jane shiver, no choice she had to wake up.

"After you prepare yourself, immediately go to my office."

We went to our rooms and do the preparations. In about 30 minutes, we all meet up in the headmistress office. She handed us our costume. A latex made suit which clings to our skin after being wore.

It formed the curves of our bodies especially Jane. If only she was not such a badass, many boys would court her but she's far too scary.

It is black in color with a collar and a zipper from the back of the neck to the tailbone. The school's seal is at the left breast of the costume. It is a hexagram with a crown in the center. Each point of the hexagram has the colors and the beasts of the dormitories.

We ate inside and discussed things for the opening ceremony. The opening ceremony is just the introduction of the teams. The first elimination round would also start.

We didn't even the realized the time, we just heard the clanging of the bells signalling the start of the ceremony.