Chapter 15

After waking up in the morning, I prepared myself and immediately left. I didn't even ate for breakfast, I'm already late.

I was not wrong. All of them have already gathered together. Thankfully, they didn't make it more difficult for me.

"Now that everyone is gathered, follow me." said the headmistress.

Her office has a teleportation circle of its own and in the blink of an eye, we are already at the training grounds.

"First, we will have a spar. This inter-school competition is not only to use each others abilities. It will measure everything. The way you think, move and etc. So it is needed to practice your physical abilities."

Among us, the best are the twins. Since their abilities are for support only and not for defending or even attacking, they have to train themselves to train in combat. Jane is good too while Anthony is just decent. His abilities are for the mind and not the body. As for me, I am the worst.

I was paired with Michael, I attacked him and "Ouch!Ouch!Ouch."

He just grabbed my arm that I used to attack him and did some twisting. The result is that my back is at his chest while my arm was painfully twisted behind my back.

"Are you okay?" he whispered teasingly. I don't know what came over me but I did something and he's at his back on the ground with a surprised look.

Because of that, Prof. Riddle exempt me from combat practice. She said the I wont need it now that my Maximum ability activated. That's right, I just mastered the art of hand-to-hand combat.

After the practice, we were given a 15-minute break. We did our best to lessen our fatigue before the next practice.

"Okay. Im going to explain your roles in tomorrows competition. Your main attacker would be Jane. Your supports would be Michael and Raphael, with their ability to nullify your enemy's abilities and at the same time amplify your abilities. We will have a large chance to win. Anthony would be the one who's responsible for strategy. I advice you to follow all his instructions. He can communicate with you through telepathy and at the same time help you distract the enemies. Sky, you can't use your bow in this competition. Weapons are not allowed. So I advice you to fight one of them. Since you already mastered combat, you can defeat one of them. Just pick the weakest of them preferably a range attacker. He can't do anything to you as long as you're closer."

We did a lot more drill that day until sundown. We are all sweating a lot with few gasps. They also invited the other professors including the Head of the Dormitories.

They taught us special things that we needed in the competition. Professor Roderick, Head of the Brave Dorms taught us about being brave and not to be afraid even if the enemy is more powerful. He said that we should not surrender as long as there is still no declaration of winners. As long as there are no declaration of winners, a possibility of a reversal can happen.

Professor Lucy of the Talent Dorms said that we should trust our abilities. She said that do not think that you're being a burden to your teammates for not having a more powerful ability. She reminded us that our talents was not given to us for no apparent reason. I always think she is referring to me.

Professot Minerva's advice -the Head of Intelligence Dorm- was, "In all your ways and doing. Always use your brain. Not all times there is someone who will always tell you what to do. Always tell yourself 'What is the best course of action should I go for?' Do not rush things. Think first."

Professor Green is the Sly Dorms Head. "Trickery is not always bad. Sometimes, you'll have to use trickery to achieve" was his only advice to us.

Use distractions. The advice to us from Professor Venus. "Distractions are essential in a competition especially when it's fighting." her exact words. She also gave us a demonstration. "Roderick, come here. Now, I am not so powerful than Roderick here in combat but watch this closely." Looking closely, it is clear that Professor Roderick got the upper hand but every time he strikes, he always seem to hesitate which makes his moves predictable. "As you can see, Roderick hadn't touched me even a hair on my body. It is because he is distracted. Remember, you yourself can be a weapon too. Deadlier than a sword."

Professor LeBlanc's -Head of the Hardwork Dorms- only advice to us is that we have to be unified. Work together and everyone will end in a good way.

After each of their advices, it is now the headmistress's time to give the advice." My advice is that always be proud of your school. Win or lose. Always raise your chin up."

"Now for your last trial, you five have to spar with me."