Finding Bai Luo Yin chapter 8.

New Chapter!!!! Are we still holding on tightly to Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin and confident they will reunite? I sure am ^.^.

Please comment & vote !!

Much apologies for the short chapter.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold, late winter season air was beginning to thicken and grow warm. Hours earlier in that day , Gu Hai removed his shirt, suffering from the change of the seasons and the fear that brought heat to the core of his body.

The other men on the boat could see clearly that Gu Hai was full of fear and tension, and his every move brought a worry to their heart. The tension in his movements and the harsh expression on his face made them fear that at any second he would tip over from being calm to being angry. His next move seemed unpredictable.

"Gu Hai, we'll check the center of the city. The water there is no more than a puddle, however it's very large and may take days to cover. If he's not there, I regret to say this to you, but he did not survive. "

Gu Hai glanced at him.

He did not survive?

My, Yin Zi, did not survive?

How dare he say that, huh?

"We'll find him. " Gu Hai said. All he had in his mind was a hope. All he had in his mind was a hope much like an unwatered flower. One that was once alive and it's colors were bright and it's stem high, that now was dull with peddles were falling onto the dirt ground. Gu Hai's hope was dull and falling onto the dirt ground. With each day that passed without a word of Bao Luo Yin's safety, it became difficult to believe that he was...safe.

Gu Hai thought of it all hours into the night. He thought of the inevitable until his eyes were heavy and lowered, going against his will. And then in his dreams, Bai Luo Yin would still appear. He would come to him in his handsome state, with his hands extended out in front of him, beckoning Gu Hai to grab it. However, when Gu Hai grabbed it, Bai Luo Yin's hand was no longer in his own but a puddle of water was in its place. He wondered if somehow that was the universe allowing Bai Luo Yin to visit him one last time in his dream, and confirm to him that his body was under the water but his soul was elsewhere.  

"We will find him. " Gu Hai repeated. We will find him..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The town center was loud and buzy, buzzing like Beijing often did. Several hundreds of the town's people returned to their town, and met up with their loved ones in this very part. At every corner there were couples holding each other tightly in each other's arm, in the next corner parents were holding their children and wiping each other's tears. The sight brought a deep regret to his heart, making it feel empty and sorrowful. His arms were lonely and longed to hold Bai Luo Yin.

"Let's check the library first. It's the meeting center. All confirmed victims are on a list. If his name is not on there, that means his body was not found. "

Gu Hai nodded his head, "Where.. Where's the library at? I need to go." The man nodded and patted Gu Hai's shoulders. His body was shaking beneath his hand.

The library was not far, however their walk to it seemed as if he were walking for days. Every corner, every different street sign, seemed as if it took a year to reach.  Fear can make anything feel hours longer than it truly is.

When they reached the library, Gu Hai violently opened the single door. It was noisier than libraries are typically allowed to be, and every step he took was crowded. Every place in the town was crowded with people. 

Gu Hai searched so frantically for the list, for any list that could point him to Bao Luo Yin. He tossed every list aside, pushing aside the want to tear it down the middle and toss it onto the ground. Gu Hai continued to search only for it to be in vain, because the actual list was in a secure and silent room. It was that way so that the families could mourn in peace.

Gu Hai pushed aside those who were waiting in line to see the list. Many tried to hold him back, only to be pushed onto the ground. Even then, he would do all the wrong things, viewing them as being all the right things as long as it concerned Bai Luo Yin.

"You have to wait just like the rest of us, " A small, woman said.

Gu Hai looked down at her.

"I waited. I waited in the classroom, outside of the classroom, in his court yard, in his room, in my home.. in our home. I waited. I waited for him to love me the way I loved him, and now my Yin Zi loves me back. But I am waiting yet again for him. I am waiting to know the truth. If I will have to wait to meet him again in heaven. I waited. Don't you dare tell me I have to wait any longer! " Gu Hai took in a deep breath, feeling his tears roll down his cheeks.

"How much longer will I have to wait for him, huh? How much longer will I have to wait until I can hold him, and never have to let go? How much longer will I have to wait for my happiness with him? I won't wait any longer. I need to hold him now. I need to know the truth, now!"

Gu Hai yelled. His voice silenced the lobby, causing all eyes to meet Gu Hai. Gu Hai could no longer hide his desperation. He wanted to live a long life with Bai Luo Yin,  and was beginning to question why the universe wanted to separate the two? Didn't the universe recognize the love he felt for him?

Gu Hai took in a deep breath and turned around, to face the door. He opened the door slowly, as if Bai Luo Yin would be lying there as a display. He felt scared of what was behind that door, but could not force himself to turn back around. He had to know the truth.

Gu Hai walked slowly to the list, feeling his heart beat violently in his chest.

Mom, if you can hear me, please erase his name from the list and bring my Yin Zi back into my life. Bring him back to me, mom. How will I live such a lonely and sad life without him, mom? Please, erase his name from the list and bring him to me so I can hold him again. Please.

Gu Hai started at the bottom, and slowly made his way down the list. Each name weighed an anchor on his heart. Then when his eyes met with the wall instead of Bai Luo Yin's name he fell onto the floor and with his cheek against the cold wall he sobbed loudly. He sobbed so loudly the earth worms could hear it,  and even then, he continued to shake uncontrollably and cry.

Could Bai Luo Yin be alive?