12

Mel and I set off to go to Rosetta's treehouse. When we get there, we start climbing up the ladder. When we get to the top of the ladder, we stand at the door. I knock on the door hard. "Open up, Fairy." I yell. I hear shuffling behind the door and it opens, revealing the red headed, southern talking, demon. "How can I help you, Rose?" She asks as if nothing is wrong. "Give me my Lost Girl back." I demand. She gives me a clearly fake confused look. "I don't have a clue of what you're talking about. I didn't kidnap any of your precious Lost Girls." She says, innocently. "Yes you did. You kidnapped Sydney." I say. She smirks "Aw, so you found that your youngest little Lost Girl is gone." She says. "Where is she?" I demand. She steps out of the door way and I see Sydney tied in a chair with a gag in her mouth. I rushed in and started to try to untie her, when Rosetta froze Mel and I in place. She untied Sydney and got the gag out of her mouth. She got her dagger out and held it to Sydney's neck. "You know what? I never got my revenge on you, Rose." Rosetta says as she slices Sydney's neck. Sydney drops to the ground and Mel and I unfreeze. Rosetta disappears to somewhere else. Mel and I rush to Sydney and Mel checks her pulse. Mel suddenly breaks down into tears, which she never does. I put my hand on her shoulder, wondering what's wrong. "She's gone, Rose. She's dead." She sobs as if she was reading my mind. I start to tear up and cry. Then I remember that Mel was her older sister. I remember the reason I brought Sydney here was to make Mel happy. "I'm so sorry, Mel. I let her die." I say. She starts to calm down and her breathing slows down. "It's ok, Rose. It wasn't your doing." She says. "I can take you home if you don't want to stay here anymore." I say. "No, I'll over it in the matter of days." She says. I nod and we take Sydney to a clearing to bury her.
-----------
After we bury her, we start to walk back to camp. I still have tear stains on my cheeks and am trying to erase any evidence of me crying. Mel's trying to do the same thing and has almost succeeded. I finally do just as we enter camp. I sit on a log, wondering how I'm going to tell the Lost Girls that Sydney died. Pan comes over to me and sits beside me. "You've been quiet ever since you and Mel got back. Did something happen?" He asks. I nod and try to hold back tears. "What happened?" He asks. "Rosetta killed Sydney." I say, quietly. "How am I going to tell the girls?" I ask. He shrugs. "You already buried her?" He asks. I nod. "Did anyone notice that she wasn't with you yet?" He asks. "No, but that's because they're busy with training." "Yeah, maybe, but was she well known to the girls?" He asks. I nod "Yeah, everyone knew her and helped train her to be a Lost Girl." I say. "Well, I guess you would just have to tell them." He says. I look down. "Have you decided which land to curse yet?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Any ideas?" He asks. I've thought about having him curse The Freedom Isles, because Neverland must be very similar and it would be easier on Pan too. "You can curse this island if you want." I tell him. "What?" He says, surprised. "Yeah, you heard me." I say, hoping I'm not going to regret this decision. "But where will you and the Lost Girls go?" He asks. "We'll go to Neverland with you." I say, hoping that he's ok with that. "But who would lead?" He asks. "I lead the girls and you would lead the boys." I say. He nods. "We can do that, but the only one that will have memories is me." He says. "Yeah, but you'll find a way to get our memories back." I say. He nods. "Ok, I'll do it."