Big Day AKA The Worst Day

(11 years later..)

"Ryan WAKE UP!" I awoke to my mother screaming from the top of her lungs. I'd rather hear an air horn go off then to listen to her scream again.

When I woke up I remembered something. Today was the first day of High School. The first day of hell.

When I was about five years old my mother adopted me. They said I was some homeless child at the age of three. Till this day I don't know how that happened but I guess I'll never know. By the time my mom adopted me I was enrolled into Elementary School. I would get bullied all the time. In fact, the bullying got so bad my mom decided to do some Homeschooling. Ever since then, I've been homeschooled almost my entire life. Until today.

I got up and put my feet on the cold wooden floor. I knew I should have worn some socks. I got up and opened my door. The minute I opened the door I smelled Bacon and eggs. I guess my mom was in a good mood. I head to the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the surprisingly clean mirror. A few days ago I turned fourteen. I looked nothing like a fourteen year old kid. My black hair was messy and I still somehow had my baby teeth. The only thing good that was going for me was my eyes. They were extra blue today. Maybe I should check that out..Nah.

After I brushed my teeth, I went back into my room. I looked for my lucky jacket. My mom got me this purple jacket last christmas. It was the second gift she could afford. The first year was a firetruck on my 6th birthday. Man, that was a blast.

I eventually found my jacket and put it over my black shirt. Then I grabbed a pair of jeans and white shoes with streak of purple.

I went to the kitchen and saw her putting the bacon on a plate. This was going to be a good breakfast.

"Well finally you woke up." She said with a sarcastic tone.

"Yep because waking up for high school is so exciting, right?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Oh come on, high school is going to be the greatest years you ever have. Trust me"

I didn't believe what she said, but I decided to just go with it.

"Where's Joe?" Joe was my mother's boyfriend. He was the biggest jerk. Joe and my mom met at some bar. My mom said he was kind of a show off, but the only reason she decided to go out with him is so he can support us. Which was a waste of time since He would come every Friday and Saturday drunk as hell. He would usually curse at my mother and say how worthless she is. I always fear that one day he'll hit her. That's one of the reasons why I'm his punching bag. He has to go through me before he can ever lay a hand on my mom.

"He had to go to work early, so we'll see him tonight." She said that with a slightly sad tone.

"Oh..Great..well mom I'm going to go kind of early, so wish me luck." Only one thing that's good about Lincoln View High. It'll keep you distracted from reality.

I rode my bike to Lincoln View. I saw the building for the first time and it looked like it was going to break any minute. It was an old building with lot's of carved designs on the front And a huge bell tower on the roof. There was even huge stairs just to get inside the building. I rode my bike behind a couple of tree's since I didn't even have a lock to attach it to a pole. 

I walked up the stairs and headed for the main office, where most likely the principal is. While walking to the main office, everyone seemed to know each other already. Jocks were going with the Jocks and the Nerds were going with the Nerds. It seemed like everyone knew their place. Except me, I was the lost fish in a pond.