The Aftermath

I stared at the grey floor. They gave me some clothes so that I wouldn't be completely shirtless. The shirt they gave me had a few holes in it, just like me. There is now one big hole with my mom in it.

I was in the interrogation room. Waiting for some detective to ask me questions. A detective that doesn't even care about me or what we just went through.

I hear a creak from the door opening. I lift my head up and It was the detective. He carried a suitcase. I see his name tag and It said "Detective Woods". I stare back down at the floor.

"Hello, Ryan." He said as he sits across the table.

I say nothing.

"So, can you tell me exactly what happened?" As he grabs a notebook from his suitcase.

Silence.

He sighed.

"Ryan, I know about your mother. I'm very sorry. I wish we could have been there sooner.." He stood there in silence for about five seconds.

"I lost my mom.. When I was about your age maybe even younger, I lost my mom when she was giving birth to my little brother. I guess you can say it was his fault. But it isn't. He's a gift from my mom. Without him I don't know what I would do." He said as he looks into the distance and recalls his memories.

I couldn't tell him about my powers. He'll probably tell the whole station that I'm some weird alien and take me away to do some weird tests. I have to keep it to myself, for now.

I looked back up at him.

"I went to the facility because I heard some rumors from the students in my school that they make monsters. So, me and my friend, lizette.." I thought of them picking up Lizette's motionless body.

"W-we decided to go and check it out.. Then, that Dr. Crook guy took us. I was strapped into some chair. He took me into some white room and made me fight my best friend that was now a l-lizard.." I said trying to hold my sadness.

Detective Woods came out of his trance and started writing down what I was telling him.

"Before all this happened I told my friends, Sam the whole plan. Before Lizette can cut me, he showed up with my mother.." I thought of my mother getting hit with the beam.

"Dr. Crook came out and somehow turned Lizette off with some button. He wanted the job to be done faster. Then he started to point a gun at me and my mom.." I couldn't hold back the tears. I feel the water coming down my cheeks.

Woods saw me breaking down. He gets up from his chair and hugs me. He actually cared.

"I-I held her in my a-arms... why did she h-have to g-go..." I said crying uncontrollably.

"I-It's okay, I'm so s-sorry." He said. He was tearing up to.

We both were hugging each other as time stood still. Both of us lost someone that we cared about. We both had big holes in our lives.

It's been a week. Detective woods told me if he finds anything about Dr. Crook he would make sure that he'll notify me as soon as possible. Me and Sam didn't hear anything about Lizette. Speaking of Sam, me and him are practically roommates now. My mother has a cousin that lives in Germany. Since that was pretty far, Sam's mom decided to take me in until I at least graduate High School. Me and Sam went to my house to collect the last of my stuff before I officially move into his place.

"Anymore room in box number twenty three? I still have more Pokemon cards from when we were kids." I said as I put the cards in the air for him to see.

"Of course." Sam said as he grinned.

"How you holding up?" He said as he grabbed my sweater and puts it into box twenty three.

"I'm good."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, positive." I said reassuring him.

"Have you talked to Jess?"

I haven't talked to Jess until she told me she was moving. After what just happened, I shut everyone out for a week.

"Not yet, I'll talk to her tomorrow." I said as I put more junk into the box. I put a few more photos of me and my mom. As I grab more photo's I noticed a picture of me on my 6th birthday holding a fire truck with a big smile on my face. While I'm holding the fire truck I see my mom in the background, smiling as big as I am.

I folded the picture and put it in my back pocket.

"Hey Ryan, I'm going to put these boxes in the car." Sam said as he picked one up from the floor.

"Alright, I'll catch up." I said as I put on my purple jacket.

Sam left the room. I stood in the middle of the room, thinking of all the memories that took place.

Before I can drift of into memory lane, Sam comes back up.

"Don't forget your boxers by the way." He said jokingly.