The Unexpected

"You're what?" I said standing up from my chair. I could see the other students looking at us. I decided to sit back down.

I couldn't believe it. We just met and we just started dating. The first girl I ever went out with. The first girl I ever cared for. The first girl I ever kissed.. Is moving away.

"I'm moving." She said looking down.

"Why are you moving? You can't move, don't you have a relative or someone here?" I asked, desperately trying to make her stay.

I could see her face. She couldn't even answer these questions.

"My dad.. He doesn't think this town is right for me.. We're moving to some town that's about three hours away and I don't have any family in Bluepeak." She said, with an upset look.

"What does he mean by Bluepeak not being right for you?" I said, sounding a bit mad.

She looked up at me.

"Ryan, There's superhumans starting to attack the town. You can't blame him." She said sounding angry.

I stood silent. She was right. Maybe this was for the best. She would be safer. She wouldn't have to worry about some weird superhuman attacking another bank or near the city.

She started to calm down.

"Can..Can you just hold me?" she said looking at me.

I hugged her and told her everything was going be okay.

After school, I met up with Lizette. I guess I was still angry about the whole moving situation since Lizette asked me what was wrong.

"Jess.. She's moving. After we just started dating." I said looking down.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Ryan.." She said in a concerning voice. "But look at the bright side, you guys will always have your memories. Plus it's better for her to move, since this town isn't exactly the safest." she said trying to sound optimistic.

"I guess you're right." I said still upset.

"Did you tell Sam about us going to the sewers?" She said, still disgusted that we have to go to the sewers.

"Yep, he got kind of mad since he was grounded and his mom expects him to go straight home." I said trying not to laugh.

"Alright, let's go." She said while holding on to me.

I lifted off.

We finally landed near the facility. We were behind the facility, looking around to see if anyone was watching.

"Okay, open that sewer lid, or whatever it's called" Lizette said pointing at the lid that leads to the sewers.

I focused my anger and feel my eyes turning. I opened the lid using my mind.

Me and Lizette climbed down. The whole place was dark. We could hear the water flowing through the sewers.

I used my eyes as a flashlight.

"Ugh, I hate this." Lizette said in a disgusted voice.

"We're not going to be here that long, alright? Let's just find the titanium. Did you bring your camera?" I said looking at her.

"Duh." she said holding the camera in the air.

We walked aimlessly through the sewers. Hoping we come across the rare titanium.

"Jeez, Liz this is hopeless, there isn't any sign of titanium here." I said, about to give up on this whole adventure.

"Look!" Liz said pointing across the sewer the dirty water to a platform with stacks of rare titanium.

I turned to the platform, I couldn't believe my eyes. there was so much rare titanium that you could probably build a house with it.

"Okay no, I am not crossing that water." she said, not even looking at the water.

"We don't have to." I said as I held her and flew to the other side.

"Thanks." She said grinning.

Me and Lizette just stared at the Titanium. Before we could even land a hand on it, we hear some sort of a gun go off.

I look to lizette and I see a dart on Lizettes neck. She falls to the ground.

"Lizette!" focused my anger, ready to fight the person that shot the dart. Before I could do anything, I feel something sharp on the back of my neck. I got hit with a dart.

I could see someone walking towards us.

Before I could see their face, I knocked out. Everything went black.