Birds Fly And So Do Ryan's

Finally, today was friday. Finally a little vacation. Even though, this whole weekend Sam said he was going to help me train. After showing him my powers, he thinks we should make a mark on "the city of BluePeak." Honestly, It wouldn't be bad to make History in Bluepeak. It'll actually be fun to stop crime. Even though, the crime rate is increasing. It'll be good to stop it. I got ready for school. I went downstairs and see my mom making some pancakes. She didn't seem upset, But she didn't seem happy neither. I opened the cabinet and got some maple syrup.

"Oh, Mom I'm coming kind of late after school. Don't wait up." I said

"And why is that?" She said with a curious tone.

"Well, I'm going to the park with Sam." I said trying not to sound excited.

"Okay, Come before 10 P.M" she said smiling.

Ever since she saw my using my powers, she acts like it never happened. The whole thing with Joe was just a dream in her mind. That I'm just some normal fourteen year old kid. That everything is normal. It isn't.

Once I got to the school, I saw Jess walking down the hall. I decided to catch up to her, even though she was going to the complete opposite of my English class.

"Jess!" I said yelling so she can hear me. Since it was a Friday, the halls were extra loud.

She turned and look to see who called her. Once she saw me she smiled.

"Hey Ryan!" she said. She actually sounded excited.

"What class are you heading to?" I said.

"Science." After saying that, I could tell she didn't like that class a lot.

"Well, that sucks, but I gotta ask you something." Even though it was early to ask, I wanted to ask her on a date to this secret spot at Jones park. That's the same spot me, Sam, and Lizette are going after school to train. The spot is kind of far from the main city, but it has the best view to watch the stars since there wasn't any city lights around. Hopefully Jess says yes.

"What is it?" She asked with a curious tone.

"I was uh... Wondering! Yea wondering, if you... uh wanted to umm... go on a date with me? I mean you don't have to I mean because I'm Ryan and your Beautiful.. I mean uh.. I'm gonna stop talking now.." As I rambled on I didn't notice she was smiling the whole time.

"Ryan, kindly shut up. I would love to go on a date with you, but what if spike doesn't like that?"she asked with a hint of worry.

"Screw that tool, he doesn't run your life besides I can take him, I mean you've seen my dogs." I say making her giggle.

"Alright, then it's a date, When is it?" she said smiling.

"Next friday, after school." I said trying not to grin so big.

The bell rang. She nodded and waved goodbye. I wanted to jump up and down. My first date and possibly my first girlfriend.

I walked into english with the biggest smile. Lizette saw me walk in and wondered why I was smiling so big.

"Someones in a good mood." She said with a sarcastic tone.

"I asked Jessica Dane on a date. We're gonna have the date next friday." I said smiling even bigger.

"Well, well my little ryan is growing up. Are you sure one of your powers aren't bravery?" she asked jokingly.

"Well at least I admitted that I liked Jess, now you gotta admit you like Sam" I say raising an eyebrow and smiling.

"Don't make me throw up." she said, Pretending like she was going to vomit

The day went by pretty quick. After school, It was time to train. Me and Lizette walked out to the trees where I parked my bike. While we were walking we noticed Spike and his group of friends hanging around the tree.

"Well, look who it is, little ryan boy and lizard girl. Isn't this a treat." He said smirking.

What were they doing here? How did they even know where my bike was? I guess they've been stalking me. Isn't that great?

"Spike, hey buddy it's been awhile. How are you? Still hitting girls?" I said with a jokingly tone.

I can see Spike's eyes flashing with rage.

"Listen punk, I saw you talking to Jess in the hallways. You don't have a chance with her. So I suggest you leave her alone before you're going have to face me and my fist." He said with him coming closer to me.

You don't know how bad I wanted to tell him about the date. I decided to keep it to myself.

He started to laugh. He snapped his fingers and both of his friends got my bike. They both got pocket knives out of their pockets and slashed my tires.

I could feel my eyes about to change, but before I can do anything Lizette held my arm. She was making sure I don't turn.

Spike brought a pocket knife up to my face.

"This is the second and last warning. If I see you again with Jess, you're dead."

He put the pocket knife back into his pocket. He walked away without even looking back.

Lizette let go of my arm. I started to calm down. I looked at my bike. The tires were definitely messed up. In fact, I might even need to get new ones.

I noticed Lizette looking up at the sky and seeing a bird fly by.

"Well.." Lizette said awkwardly. "How are we getting to Jones now? Can you fly or something?" Lizette asked.

I haven't thought about flying. I always thought I just had telekinesis. I've never really tested my powers. So, It was worth a shot right?

"Alright let's see." I didn't have hope that I'll actually lift off the ground and actually start flying, but at that moment in time, I decided to believe in everything and anything.

I focused on flight. I tried to think of things that could fly. I tried to think of planes, birds, and basically anything that can fly.

Nothing happened.

"Well that was a waste." Lizette said with a disappointed tone.

"Wait I'll try again." Again, I was desperate.

I closed my eyes. Usually, my powers work when I think of something that get's me angry. I thought about how Spike ruined my bike. The bike that costed me almost two hundred dollars to buy. The bike I had since I was ten. The bike that put all of my worries away. The bike that I put all of my blood, sweat and tears into it.

Without realizing, I didn't feel the ground anymore. I didn't feel anything. I heard Lizette cheering. I open my eyes. There was some sort of shield around me while I was in mid air. I looked down and I was about Five feet above the ground. I started to fling my arms and kick my legs around to try and move, but it didn't work.

"C'mon Ryan, you can do it!" She said jumping up and down.

I started to lean in a certain direction. I started to move. The wind blowing through my hair felt amazing like a million fans at once where trying to blow me away. My eyes were burning like I was in fire or something. Lizette cheered the entire time. I kept tripping in the air afraid I might fall. I leaned towards Liz and softly landed on the floor. Lizette came towards me, Hugging me tightly. We both were in the air with the an invisible shield around us. She was busy screaming and enjoying the ride. We looked down and saw everyone walking and looking up to see who was that screaming. The good thing is, we were really high up, so no one really didn't see us.

We were close to Jones's park. We decided to land near some bushes so no one would see us. Me and Lizette headed to Jones's park. Sam gave us a confused look.

"How did you guys get here walking? This park is far from the school." He said with a confused tone.

Lizette had a big grin on her face.

"We came flying." I said.

"Badass" Sam said In a impressed tone.