The Awakening

I see a bright light shining above me. The darkness is still lingering around my eyes. I look around and see a lifted box of syringes with weird liquids inside of them. I look at my arms and legs and their both strapped in tight. I try to rip off the straps but it doesn't even budge. I'm completely shirtless and have no shoes on. I try to use my powers to take off the straps but It's not working. What's happening to me? Why am I strapped in? Why aren't my powers working? Where's Lizette?

I start to panic.

"Lizette! Lizette! Where are you!" I said still trying to take off the straps.

All I heard was an echo of my voice.

I hear a small creak of the door opening. I hear footsteps coming towards me.

It was Dr. Crook.

"Ah, finally you're awake." He said with a grin.

I didn't say a word. The anger on my face told him everything.

"Not talkative today I see." He said while turning back to set up more syringes.

"Wheres Lizette." I said with anger laced in my voice.

"Lizette?... Oh that weird girl that was with you, Yes well, you'll find out where she is or what happened to her later." He said pouring water down a glass cylinder.

"I swear, if you even touched her I'll-"

"Save it. No need for promises you can't keep." He said smirking.

I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to kill him.

"I trusted you. Even when you froze me with that stupid gun, I still trusted you!" I yelled.

"That was your mistake. Trusting people. Not a good trait." he said pouring more water into the cylinder.

"Why are you doing this?" I said trying to calm down.

He put the cylinder down and turned to me.

"See Ryan, your parents were both superhumans. Once they had you and that other prick, you and that prick had the most power. You are the one that can achieve anything. To shorten this whole thing, I'm going to kill you. Then I'm going to harvest your powers. I'm going to insert it into myself." He said with a big grin.

"But before I do that, I want you to meet someone. You are going to meet that person soon." He said as he turns back to continue working.

What did he mean by "that other prick?".

I had no time to focus on that. I needed to keep talking to him. I needed to keep him talking so I can figure a way out.

"Why can't I use my powers? Did you already take it?" I said in a angry voice.

"Not yet, I just gave you this serum. It removes your powers for about four hours. But believe me, you won't be alive by then." he said while looking for something.

He opened a cabinet and takes an empty syringe.

All of the sudden, we hear a speaker coming from one side of the wall.

"Experiment #912 Is qualified for release."

Dr. Crook smiles.

"Ah, I see that person you're going to meet is ready." He goes to the wall and presses a small button.

"Yes, bring some reinforcement here."

He comes back to me and faces me.

"I'll see you in about ten minutes." He walks out of the room.

I start and move frantically, trying to get these straps off. I started to give up. I thought about everyone in my life. About Liz, Sam, My mom, and Jess. I even started to think about Joe. Even if I didn't make it, I hope Lizette will.

About three minutes have passed and I heard a few footsteps coming my way. I started to get ready.

Three guys with black suits came in and unstrapped me. Once they unstrapped me, I decided to throw a punch. I successfully hit one of them, but the other two held me behind my arms.

"Let me go! Agh!" I yelled, trying to get myself free. It wasn't working.

All three of them led me to a huge room. They pushed me to the floor. I looked around and The floors were white tiles and the walls were completely white. On the left side I see Dr. Crook and a few more scientists watching me. I stood up from the floor, waiting for something to happen.

"Welcome Ryan.." He said through the speakers.

I looked at him through the glass with fury in my eyes.

"Now we hope you're ready to see that special person I was talking about. We hope you like her."

All of the sudden, I see a big door opening with smoke coming out of it.

I see some sort of a tail going back and forth in the smoke. All of the sudden, I see a girl that's half lizard and half human. She had brown wavy hair but with sharp claws and a long tail.

It was Lizette.