Ryan's Date

I looked at the address Jess sent me. 145 Grove street. That was actually not that far from Jones's park. While Pedaling, I thought of everything that can happen on this date. Me and Jess get closer and actually become a couple. Spike gets kicked to the curve and then happily ever after.

I finally reached her house. Once I got to her house, I put my bike on her sidewalk. I was going to meet her parents. Hopefully they think I'm a good influence.

I went up her small stairs that led to her front door. I rang the doorbell waiting for someone to open it. I looked around her front lawn. There was a lot of small oak trees surrounding the house. This place probably would have been fun to play hide n seek in.

Finally, I heard the doorknob make a sound. An old woman answered the door. She had very short light brown hair. She had shiny green eyes and had a few wrinkles around her eyes. She was wearing a floral long dress. She gave me a huge smile once she saw me standing at her doorstep.

"Come in, Come in!" She said waving me inside.

I looked around. Her living room was very old fashioned, but in a good way. The only thing that wasn't old fashioned, was their flat screen TV.

I sat on their sofa. They had two sofa's. I sat on the empty one, while there was an old man with dirty blonde hair sitting on the other. He was wearing a black vest with tan pants. He had brown eyes but little wrinkles. He gave me a smile once he saw me sitting down.

"Jacob's isn't it?" He said with a serious tone.

"Y-yes sir.." I said stuttering.

"Why, he's so adorable. Our daughter chose a good gentlemen." The lady said smiling.

"Jessica is still getting ready hope you don't mind..do you?" He said still with a serious tone.

"N-no sir." Jeez, even he scares me.

"I'll go see if jessica is ready." the lady says while going upstairs.

It was silent for about ten seconds.

"Now listen," He said looking me straight in the eyes. "You bring her before 10 P.M. She better not come back with two cops right behind her, or else, you will be the one in trouble." He said sounding a bit threatening.

"Trouble?" I said in a curious tone.

"Big trouble" He said. It became silent again until Jessica came down the stairs. She was wearing a white shirt with a short jacket. She was also wearing skinny jeans and white sneakers. She looked amazing.

I stood up from the sofa.

I looked at her and couldn't help but smile.

"Now you two have fun!" Jess's mother said.

Jess closed the door behind us.

"Your dad seems very..uh..nice.." I said trying not to sound awkward.

"I'm sorry about him, He's used to seeing me and Spike. he loves football and he thinks I should go out with some football player." She said while walking to my bike.

"Uh.. I don't look like a football player.. I mean again, you saw my guns." I said trying to lighten the mood. She laughed.

"Yeah Ryan, you sure don't" She said smiling.

I picked the bike up from the sidewalk. I got on the seat.

"Wow, what a cool looking car you got here." she said sarcastically, while getting on the pegs.

"I know right cost me a fortune" I reply with just as much sarcasm.

The whole ride we felt free. The wind blowing through our hair was amazing. I could feel Jess just smiling. We were both laughing.

Once we got to the park, I put the bike on the sidewalk. Me and jess started walking towards the spot.

"Can I tell you something?" She said.

"Sure." I said with a confused look.

"Do you ever wonder, what it feels like to be free.. free? I mean, without anyone getting into your business or watching your every move every single day?" She said while staring out into space.

I didn't really know what she meant. I already felt free after joe left. Here I am finally free, while she's just stuck in the dark.

"Well.." I said trying some way to respond. "I'm already free..I guess.. I mean, my mom.. She was dating this jerk, but after he left... I felt... free I guess" I said sounding serious.

She looked at me. Realizing that maybe she wasn't alone.

We arrived at the spot. There was a park bench near some bushes. We decided to sit there and watch the stars.

"My mom and dad.. They've been fighting almost everyday now.. I think they might end it.. I feel like it's my fault." she said looking down at her shoes.

"My dad completely ignores me. He doesn't even want to spend time with me. He's just busy with work and whenever he does have the time, he uses it to do something else." She looked even more upset.

"That's when Spike came along. Spike was actually nice when I met him. His parents and my dad were good friends. So, they were happy when they found out we were dating. That's the only time my dad noticed me. I'm so dumb. Them fighting and this whole thing with Spike.. It's my fault." She said. She looked like she might even be holding tears.

I looked at her. Realizing the things she had to go through with spike and her own parents.

"Jess.." I said looking at her. She looked up at me.

"It's never your fault. Sometimes people just think they need a break. Your dad is dumb for not paying attention to you, but I know someone who will. I know someone who will always be by your side no matter what. Even if you're 100 miles away, I'm still here for you." I said. We both looked down at our hands and we realized we were both holding hands.

We looked back at each other. We were both looking at each other's eyes.

She looked beautiful under the moonlight. Her green eyes were flashing with a bunch of different emotions. The stars made her eyes look a hundred times better than before. I couldn't stop staring at her eyes.

We both started to lean in. we were about to kiss. Until, we heard someone clapping.

"Well, well, well, This is going to be fun."

It was Spike.