To Trust Or Not To Trust

"The answer is no." Sam said closing his locker and walking away. Me and Lizette follow after him.

"Come on Sam, he might know something about what I can do. He probably knows more than we do." I said trying to reason with him.

"As much as it pains me to say it Ryan, Sam's right." Lizette said making Sam and I stop dead in our tracks.

"Did Lizette Thompson just agree with me? Well Ryan this proves you shouldn't trust him than." He said smirking.

"Shut up" Lizette said with slight annoyance.

Maybe they're right. I just met this guy. In fact, he froze me. He has machines that could probably kill me.

"Listen, are we still going to your place to watch the news?" Sam said.

"You guy's watch the news after school? And you guys call me the weird one?" Lizette asking in a jokingly tone.

"We watch the news to stop crime, duh." I said .

"Mind if I join?" Lizette asked.

"Of course, but don't bring your lizards." Sam said

Since I didn't have a class with Jess today, I decided to leave a note in her locker. If I talked to her in the halls, Spike might cause a scene. During History I wrote her a note.

Dear Jess,

Can't wait until Friday.

Love, Ryan.

I went up to her locker and slipped the note through the crack.

The date was tomorrow.

After school, Me, lizette, and Sam were watching the news in my living room.

"It better not be another robbery." I said with an annoyed tone.

"You did an awesome job, by the way" Sam said with a smile. After the whole robbery he got more excited. He was even thinking of names to call ourselves.

"In other news.." The news lady said.

"There is a man with what seems to be iron fists. He is downtown of BluePeak city. He is actually dragging pieces of the ground and throwing it using his hands. People think he's from another world. More coverage on this later on."  The news lady said.

All three of us was speechless.

"Dude.." Sam said, still trying to think of something to say.

"There's more people with powers?!" Lizette said, jumping off the couch.

"Where...Where are they coming from?" I asked. I couldn't believe it. There's more people like me. More people that are lost and confused. Except this guy wasn't confused at all, He knew exactly what he was doing.

I stood up from the couch.

"We have to stop him." I said with a determined tone.

"That's my boy!" Sam said jumping from the couch.

We went outside and started getting ready for the mission.

Sam got on his bike and Lizette started to get up on his pegs.

"We'll meet you downtown." Sam said. He was off.

Before lifting off the ground, I received a text

It was from Dr. Crook.

It said to meet him at his apartment ASAP. Maybe he knows we're going to try and stop the guy with the big hands. Maybe he can help us.

I flew to his apartment as fast as I can. I landed behind his apartment so no can see me. I went to the 6th floor. I decided to yell his name, in the hallway, since I didn't know what door he was in.

One of the doors opened and it was Dr.Crook.

"SH!, No one can know about this. You're going to wake up the whole damn apartment." He said in a irritated tone.

I went inside his apartment. It looked the same.

"Stay right here, I'll go and get it." He said, while going back into a room on the left side of his apartment.

While he was getting some surprise, I looked around since I didn't really get a chance to the last time.

On the floor, there was a paper that said R.C.S. It seemed to have some type of project ideas. It was a drawing of a human. With fire on the top of his head and dark eyes.

I could hear Dr.Crook coming back, I put the piece of paper back to where it was.

Dr.Crook came holding a suit. It looked like some type of super suit. It was completely black with both sides having a huge purple spots and a grey lines going across the suit. It looked amazing.

"Here it is. Now you don't have to look like you're trick or treating. I suggest you put it on since you have to face that beast downtown."

"I don't know what to say.." I was speechless.

"Don't say anything boy, there's a button on the side of the suit. If you press it, it turns into a bracelet. So you can take it anywhere you would like." He said. He was even proud of himself.

He pushed the button on the side and it turned into a bracelet. It didn't even seem real. It seemed like magic.

He handed me the bracelet.

"Oh, I almost forgot." He said smiling. "Here's a mask, when you use your telekinesis it'll glow purple." He said handing me the mask.

"Here's some gloves as well." Handing me the gloves.

"What do the gloves do?" I said curious.

"Nothing, It's just gloves." He said in a serious tone.

I put the bracelet on and the mask. I felt like an actual superhero.

"Good luck out there." He said grinning.

I stared at him

"Thank you.." I ran out of his apartment.