The Truth Is Too Much

"Oh, Hey Spike, I see you got nothing better to do on a friday night.." I said jokingly .

I can't believe this guy. Did he really follow me and Jess?

"Actually, I do have something to do, beating the hell out of you. Get them." He said in a demanding tone.

A bunch of his football friends came out from hiding. They grabbed me and Jess. They were holding from our arms. I couldn't use my powers, or else they'll know I'm "The Mirage". I struggled trying to break free.

"What's your problem spike?!"Jess said,struggling to get loose from one of Spike's cronies

"That you're on a date with this freak instead of me." he said stepping closer to me.

"Come on let her go spike not her fault she likes good looking guys." I said smirking.

"Let her go" Spike said to his football buddies. Spike looked right into Jess's eyes. Then all of the sudden, Jess spits on Spike.

He pushed her down to the ground, that's when I elbowed one of Spike's friends to let me go and ran to her side.

"Jess.. Jess you okay?" I said, while looking all over her face for a bruise.

"I'm fine" she said giving me a weak smile.

I stood up from the ground.

"You pushed the only girl you liked? You're a coward. A weak. Coward." I said staring him in the eyes.

I run to him throwing my fist, but he catches it.

"You just made a big mistake." He said, Punching my stomach.

I kneel on the ground. Holding my stomach.

Don't use your powers, don't use your powers.

Spike still is standing in front of me. Waiting for me to get up.

I slowly got up. Once I got up, Spike punches me on the face. I land on the grass, bleeding from my mouth.

"Spike, Stop!" Jess yelled trying to push him. His friends held her back.

"Is it still a joke now?" Spike said laughing.

While he turned around to face his buddies I got up and sucker punched him.

"Yeah, it's still a joke. Who's the big bad wolf now?" I said Grinning, even though I was still bleeding from my mouth.

Spike fell to the ground. He was processing what happened. While he was slowly getting up, I remembered the things Sam taught me. I was ready. I got my stance up.

"Get up Porkchop I'm not done." I say bouncing from toe to toe.

"Stop! Ryan, Don't do it!" Jess said with pleading eyes. I thought over it, I don't really wanna fight. It's best if i just take jess home.

"You're right come on i'll take you home" I said holding my hand out for her. She smiled and took it but before we could go. Spike grabbed my ankle and dragged me down.

"You're not going anywhere!" He yelled and start punching me over and over. I finally found the strength to stop it with my mind. The only downside. Jess saw me do it. I punched Spike in the face over and over and over again until him and his friends ran away.

Jess looked at me. She saw me using my powers. She was speechless.

"..Ryan.." She said looking at me in the eyes.

"Jess.. I couldn't tell you.. I'm sorry.." I said. I couldn't even think. I had a huge headache and my whole face was swollen.

"You're..you're that kid..with the powers..on the news.." She said. Still processing who I actually was.

"Jess.." I said trying to find my voice and focus while dealing with a huge headache.

"And you never told me.." she said looking down.

"I couldn't.. If i did.. You would be in danger some type.. Of danger.." I said spitting out blood.

"After what I said..about my parents?.. I trusted you..With all that personal stuff.. but you couldn't tell me you're The Mirage?" she said looking up at me.

I didn't have anything else to say. I just wanted this day to be over.

"Take me home." She said walking towards the bike.

You can win the fight,but in the end... you lose the most important thing to you.