The Abomination

"So, I hope you like the surprise Mr. Jacobs. Good luck against that." He said as he sits back in his chair, waiting for the entertainment to unfold.

I looked back at Lizette. I couldn't even make out her face. It was as if I was fighting a big crocodile or something.

"Lizette.." I said, still can't believe what I was seeing.

I tried to look at her eyes, maybe there was going to be a sign that she's still there. That she's the same Lizette I knew since the beginning.

There was nothing.

She came towards me with an angry look on her face. She was going to try to kill me.

I tried to focus my anger, hoping my powers would magically start working. It didn't.

"Lizette.. Please.. It's me Ryan, remember?" I said hoping she'll remember me.

She didn't. She came towards me and swiped her tail against the side of my body. I hit the wall.

"Lizette.. Please.. I don't want to fight you." I said as I hold the side of my body. She comes running towards me.

I run to the left. I dodge her swing.

She comes straight towards me this time. It's too late to dodge it. I'm held against the wall, with her other hand in the air, ready to slash my throat.

Before she can do anything, I hear a door get knocked down. Lizette let's go of me and turns around.

As I land on the floor, I look to see who knocked down the door.

It was Sam and.. My mom?

"Mom.." I said in a weak voice. My side was still hurting like hell.

"Woah, who's this lizard thing?" Sam asked with a confused look.

I stood up from the floor, still holding my side.

"It's Lizette! Don't hurt her!" I said trying to warn them.

"Lizette?.." Sam looked at the monster closely. Once he figured out it was actually Lizette, His face was filled with sadness.

Lizette got more angry, but before she can do anything she falls on the floor. Me and sam run towards her.

"Lizette!" both of us yelled.

We heard a door opening, it was Dr. Crook coming out with small box with two buttons on it.

"Sorry, she was taking to long to get the job done. I'll just do it by myself." He said as he pointed a weird gun at me.

My mom runs to me and hugs me tightly.

"Don't! We have cops surrounding this whole facility. Please don't hurt him. We can figure something out. He's my only son. I know you have someone in your life you care for with all your heart. Don't hurt him, he's the only one I got." She said as I can see tears running down her cheeks.

Dr. Crook stayed silent debating if he should shoot me.

"I don't have a family." He said as he pulls the trigger on the gun.

My mom puts herself in front of me. She takes the weird beam for me. After getting hit, she slips away from me and falls to the ground.

"No, no, NO!" I said as she slips away from me. I look back to Dr. Crook. This is the guy that lied to me, the guy that I trusted, the guy that turned Lizette into a monster and the guy that killed my own mother.

I got up. I feel my anger increasing, I can't control it.

I feel my eyes turning hotter than ever. Huge streaks of purple circle around me.

I could see Dr. Crook's face. It was hit with fear. He dropped his gun. Trying to back away slowly.

I walk towards him. I throw a huge punch. He gets thrown to the wall. I pick him up using my mind and throw him to the other side of the wall.

"Ryan! Stop!" sam said trying to calm me down.

I look at Dr. Crook. I don't know if he's alive or not. He's on the floor, possibly knocked out.

I run to my mother. I held her in my arms.

"Mom, I-I-m so sorry, I should have been a better son. I'm so sorry, p-please don't go." I said trying to hold back my tears, it wasn't working.

All of the sudden, the S.W.A.T team comes in. They go after Dr. Crook.

My mom puts her palm against my face.

"It's okay, I love you.. Ryan.." She said in a very weak voice. Her arm falls to the ground.

She's gone.

My tears continue to fall uncontrollably. I lost the only family I have. I lost my best friend since I was three years old.

I lower my head down, holding my mom tighter. The S.W.A.T separates us both. I kick the air as they drag me away from my mother.

"Let go! Let me go!" I said trying to escape their grasp.

They flip me over and put my arms behind my back. They put handcuffs on my wrists.

I turn my head and see them pick up lizette's lifeless body. I see sam on the floor looking at Liz.

If only this was all a dream.