The Beginning

This chapter is about them in high school.This is a completely different time line and it's when they first met Castle(they're in high school so his name is still Richard Rodgers).This chapter has a little of caskett and a little of esplanie.Enjoy~

It is the last day of school before summer and Javier ,Kate and Kevin are walking to their lockers when they heard a familiar voice calling out to them."Kate!Javi!Kev!" they turn around and see their old friend Lanie Parish.Javier stared at her in shock and disbelief because it's been awhile since he last seen Lanie and she still looks beautiful.Beside her there is a tall ,brown haired boy.Javier couldn't help but feel jealous, he's been having a crush on her for quite sometime now."Lanie?" Beckett ask as Lanie and the boy approach them.'He's cute' Kate thought then she focuses back on her friend "Hi ,it's been along time" Lanie said.

"Yea three years is a pretty long time.I thought you were coming back here next month" Kate asked."Well my dad figured I would want to see you guys earlier.So my dad sent me here a month earlier" Lanie said and continue "Can I stay with you until my parents move here next month?" Lanie ask Kate."Of course you can,I'm sure my parents won't mind"."Thanks Kate.Oh and this is my friend from New York ,Richard Rodgers.He's here because his mom has a job offer" Lanie said while pointing at the tall boy standing beside her.

"Hi ,you can call me Rick"he says with a smile while stretching out his hand.Javier shake his hand and says "I'm Javier Esposito ,you can call me Javi" then Kevin says "I'm Kevin Ryan you can call me Kevin".Kate smile and says "I'm Katherine Beckett and,you can call me Kate" he smile and says "It's nice to finally meet all of you".

"Kevin!" they hear someone calling after Kevin and turn to face his girlfriend Jenny.Kevin walk over to his girlfriend and give her a peck on the cheek before pulling her over to his friend and says "Jenny meet Lanie our old friend".Ryan said gesturing to Lanie."Hi it's so nice to finally meet you.They talk about you all the time.Really nice things" Jenny said."They better say nice things about me otherwise I'll have to smack all of them" Lanie said with a threatening tone.

After that the bell rang."What classes do you guys have?" Kate ask Lanie and Rick."We have the exact same classes together.First we have Math" Rick said to his new friends."Can I see your schedule?" Javier ask Rick and then Rick hand his schedule to Javier."You're in luck you have the exact same classes as we do" Javier says after looking at Rick's schedule."Do you still remember where everything is or do you need a tour?" Kate ask Lanie."I remember where everything is unless they change something while I was away" Lanie says.Kate shake her head."Nothing really change except the people" Kevin answer Lanie's question with a smile.

___________________________________

They walk to their classroom in pairs.Kate was walking with Lanie to catch up with her while she was in New York.Kevin was walking with Jenny and Javier was walking with Rick just a few steps behind everyone."What does your parents do?" Javier ask Rick."Well my mom's an actor and I don't know who my dad is" Rick answer."I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"."No it's ok,I don't really care whoever my dad is" Rick says with a reassuring smile.Then they arrive at their classroom.

___________________________________

It's lunch now.They are sitting together and Kate suggest that they go to her house after school to catch up with each other.They all agree and eat their lunch.

Then Kevin ask Lanie and Rick "So how long have you two been friends?"."We've been friends since Lanie moved to New York.We were neighbours" Rick answer Kevin's question."So...three years.are you guys close?" Kate ask."We hangout a lot,and we always go to parties together.I guess you can say we're close" Rick answers and smiles,it was both a childish and a charming smile.They tell each other some stories about what they do when Lanie moved away while eating lunch,it's like Lanie never even left,even though she did and she brought someone with her when she came back.They're still happy to have her back (especially Javier).