High School Life Part 5:For Real

It's Thursday and Lanie was waiting impatiently for her parents-Melinda and Walter-at the front of their new house with them."If you don't stop soon,you might actually make a hole on the ground" Rick joked.She stopped and looked around before started pacing again.They have been waiting since school was finished, and it's getting really boring."Don't you have a key or something...?Can't we just walk in?" he questioned.She sighed "We could walk in,but there will literally only be a couch and an empty table" she said."At least.....we can sit" Kate reasoned."Sorry,but I promised to stay here for them" she said."I should've packed some snacks,where are they?" Rick complained.

"They'll be here" she said surely.Then,right on time,they saw a car in the distance with a moving truck on its tail.They cheered as Lanie's parents pulled up by the house,after waiting so long.They stepped out of the car and Lanie went to hug them.Her dad-Walter-is the first to speak "I see your friends are here" he said."Dad,remember Kate,Kevin and Javier?" she asked.They smiled "Of course we do,there's no way I could forget them" her mom-Melinda-said."And this is Kevin's girlfriend,Jenny" she introduced."Well it's nice to meet you" she greeted.Jenny smiled shyly "Its nice to finally meet you too" she said.

They looked at the group and it's like they just noticed Javier and Kevin."Wow,you've grown well.Very handsome I must say" Melinda said,maybe even hinting a little.They chuckled nervously "Its nothing,really" Kevin insisted while Javier blushed slightly."Nonsense,you look great.No wonder you have a girlfriend" she teased.Kevin decide to embarrass Javier alone so he won't get all the attention."Actually,Javi's still single" he said making Javier glare at him."Oh is that so?" she questioned with a smirk.Lanie elbowed her dad to ask him to make her mom stop and he cleared his throat."Maybe we should unpack first before we get to any more stories" he suggested.She stared at Javier a moment, like she was thinking,before nodding to her husband."Let's go unpack" she said.

___________________________________

After a few hours of unpacking and moving furniture around,they took a break in the furnished living room.The house is nice,not too big and spacey,just right for a small family.But that still didn't change the fact that they have tons to unpack.Lucky for them,the moving team helped with most of the furnitures.They were just resting while her parents continue with their bedroom."What do you think?" Lanie questioned."I love it!This place is so roomy and its not far from my place" Rick said with a grin."I just can't wait to see your room" Kate said."Its lovely" Jenny said."Definitely" the boys agreed.She smiled "Glad you do,'cause this'll be where we'll hangout for most of the year" she said.

"Have you seen your room yet?" Jenny questioned."Yes,but not the furnished one.I haven't even unpack my things yet" she admitted."Why don't we help.Just us girls of course" Kate suggested."That'd be great.You boys can help with the kitchen.Come on" Lanie said then pulled the girls up to her new room.

The boys stayed silent a moment after the girls left, then looked at each other."Uh.....so,the kitchen?" Rick spoke."The kitchen" Javier repeats."Is it even.....a good idea to leave us, alone?" Kevin questioned."Where do we even start?" Rick asked.Suddenly, Melinda appeared "Glad you asked" she said as she walked towards them, carrying a box and behind her was her husband carrying two boxes.Then they placed the boxes down "This one,is kitchen tool, and over there, knives and other things, don't worry, we wrapped them in bubble wrap.And the last one is some pans and stove,the knife holder and things like that.Thanks for your help again.If you need us,we'll be upstairs" she said before leaving up the steps.

Walter smiled at them before leaving.They weren't sure whether it's just a normal smile or a sympathetic smile,it looked a little weak.That made them a little worried."Where do we start?" Kevin broke the silence.

___________________________________

Meanwhile in Lanie's room

"You know,this room is bigger than I imagined" Kate said."I like it,it's roomy" Jenny said."Glad you do,but that means we have a lot to do" Lanie said."Where do we start?" Jenny asked."I'll take care of my personal things...but other than that,knock yourself out" she said."I'll take care of curtains" Kate said."I'll do cleaning.Its a little dusty in here" Jenny said enthusiastically."Great,let's get started" Kate said.