High School Life Part 4:Trouble Makers and The Date

When Javier woke up the next day Lanie is still asleep.He wanted to smile but stopped himself when he saw Rosie smirking at him."Sleep well?" she teased.He didn't answer but instead asked "What time is it?"."It's 7 right now" she answered.Then he felt Lanie moving beside him and opened her eyes.When she realised that she wasn't at her temporary room she straightened causing the jacket that was covering her to fall and looked at the floor "I-I'm so sorry,I-I didn't mean to fall asleep here" she apologized."It's ok,at least I have someone to talk to,other than with Mr Big Mouth over here" Rosie said then she looked at Javier and smirked.

She was about to embarrass him in front of Lanie but then Maria appear "Mijo,why did you sleep on the couch?" she asked.When she realised Lanie was there and looking at the floor embarrassed she asked "And what is Lanie doing here?"."Kate went to Rick's house to look for her mp3....she... has a key but...Lanie doesn't...so I told Lanie to stay until she comes back,but she didn't and Lanie accidentally fell asleep on the couch with me" he said."I'm sorry" Lanie apologized,she is going to kill Kate for leaving her.Maria smiled "It's ok deary,how about you go take a shower first,you can borrow one of Rosie's clothes" she suggested and Rosie nodded enthusiastically."Let's go" Rosie pulled her up and into her room.

Maria smirked at her son and teased him a bit "Did you sleep well last night?"."Ma-a" he says then dropped in the couch,so that's where Rosie got her teasing from."I'm just joking with you.Go to shower then help me with breakfast" she demanded and he stood up and walk to the second shower,but not before taking some clean clothes.

After he showered he got to the kitchen to help his mom.When he got there he froze,he saw Lanie laughing with his sister.That shirt looks way better on her he thought.He will never say that out loud though,one because he doesn't want to scare her and two because he doesn't want to get strangled by Rosie.Lanie looked at him and smiled "Hey" she greeted him.He stood there and smiled at her a bit awkwardly.When Lanie wasn't looking,Rosie smirked at him and silently laugh.He glared at her then walk to his mom to help with breakfast.

After he's done cooking Rosie and Lanie sets the table and he went to the living room to clean up the couch.When he saw his jacket on the ground,he grabbed it then place it on the nearest chair,he had to resist the urge to smell it to see if her scent caught on it.Then he ate breakfast with his family and Lanie,he tried not to stare at Lanie too much while she eats but he just couldn't help himself.After breakfast,they decided to go to the park where they're suppose to meet up.He grabbed his jacket from the chair earlier then they head to the park.

___________________________________

Kate woke up slowly,the bed is to comfortable to leave.She's always the type to wake up early,so she sits on the bed and was about to head outside when someone knocked on the door.Rick opened the door slightly and peeked his head inside "Oh Kate,you're awake.I just want to give you this" he hands her a clean towel and girl's clothes.She looked at him questioned "Why do you have girl's clothes?" she asked."Well,it's my cousin's,she doesn't use it anymore so you can keep it as an apology from me for losing your mp3" he said then he closed the door.

Kate looked at the shirt and smiled.She showered then got dressed.When she walked down the steps,she saw Martha setting food on the table and Rick near the stove."Morning Mrs R" Kate greeted."Morning darling,how did you sleep?" Martha asked."Like a baby" Kate answered and smiled."I'm glad,sit down.Rick made breakfast" Martha said then she sit at the table with Martha."I didn't know you can cook" she said to Rick."I'm better at cooking then my mother" he said."I heard that" Martha said.Kate laughed "No wonder Lanie likes to hangout with you" Kate said.

"Because I'm funny?" he asked."You are...but that's not it" she said."Then why?" he asked."You're brave,loyal and fun..." she said."Why thank you-"."...but you're still annoying...and I was kidding about the brave part" Kate said then Martha laughed."Good job,you put his hopes up then crush it with one simple comment" she said.Rick pouted then he sit at the table with them."Lanie is way nicer then you,but she can be scary when she's mad" Rick said.Kate just remembered something as Rick said that."Oh my god.....I'm so dead" she said."What's the matter,dear?" Martha asked Kate."I...I forgot about Lanie.I left her at Javi's" she said."Oh....you're definitely done for" Rick said."And you're not helping" Kate said shooting him a glare."It's ok,I'm sure she's fine.Isn't Javier the guy that you said she likes...anyway,eat first and worry later" Martha said then they eat,Kate thinking of what Lanie might do or say to her.