Chapter 3

"Something smells good," Louis says, coming downstairs into the kitchen.

"'m making pancakes," Harry says.

"Love pancakes," Louis hums happily.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Really great, thanks. Comfortable bed," Louis smiles.

"Good, I'm glad. What time do you have to leave?" Harry asks, and Louis can hear his disappointment.

"I'm not," Louis says. "Maybe I can stay a few days with you? I mean, if you want me to."

"Yeah?" Harry asks, looking at him. "You want to stay?"

"I have some free time," Louis shrugs. "I thought maybe we could get to know each other a little better."

"Yeah, I'd love if you stayed. I don't want you leaving so soon," Harry says. "Hope that doesn't sound desperate."

"No," Louis laughs. "I feel the same way."

"Good," Harry smiles. "I don't have practice today so I was thinking maybe...I could take you out?"

"Well, Harry Styles, are you asking me on a date?" Louis asks, his hand over his chest.

"If you'd like to call it that, yes," Harry says, smiling.

"A date it is, then," Louis smiles softly. "Where are you taking me?"

"Out," Harry says casually.

"That clears it up," Louis rolls his eyes. "A secret then, huh?"

"Yup. I think you'll like it, though, don't worry."

"Alright, I trust you. What should I wear?"

"Anything is fine. I trust your sense of style," Harry says.

"Obviously," Louis flicks his fringe, grinning.

"Well, I'd hope so, at least," Harry laughs. "Go sit, it's almost ready."

"Rude," Louis says, pinching his side and moving to sit at the table.

"Don't start with me, or else no pancakes for you, Tomlinson," Harry scolds, pointing his spatula threateningly at Louis, who holds his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry about that, Styles," Louis bows his head. "Will not make that mistake again."

"Better not, or no date," Harry says, turning back to the stove.

"Ouch," Louis says. "Harsh."

Breakfast is nice and comfortable. Louis feels like he could make this a routine, waking up and finding Harry making food, maybe even greet him with a good morning kiss. He's not going to beg or anything, but it's a nice thought. It probably wouldn't work, anyhow. They live on two different continents, in totally different time zones with totally different jobs and interests. They hardly know each other, but Louis has this warm feeling in his tummy like he's known him forever.

"What should I wear?" Louis asks while he helps clean up.

"Casual is fine. Nothing fancy, just want to spend some time with you, if that's alright," Harry shrugs, washing a dish.

"Okay," Louis says, brushing his arm with Harry's as he hands him the mugs.

"Hop in the shower, if you'd like, and get ready. I'll finish up," Harry says.

"Okay," Louis says again. "I will."

In the shower, he uses Harry's soap and shampoo. If Harry asks, he'll tell him he forgot his at home, but he just really likes the smell. The soap is manly; a green gel that smells like nature, but the shampoo is fruity, smelling like coconuts and it makes his hair soft.