Chapter 4

"You've been so mopey since you've gotten back from the states," Liam says, tossing Louis a water bottle and sitting down on the couch next to him. "What's your issue?"

"Nothing," Louis shrugs. "Just been stressed over work, I suppose."

"I think it's that boy you met," Liam teases. "Something happened."

"No," Louis scoffs, trying to hide his blush. "He was nice, we had fun, that's it."

'That's why you've been texting him non-stop? And calling him and getting all giggly with him all the time? I'm here all the time, I hear you," Liam smirks, flipping through the channels. Louis groans, hiding his face in his hands. "Don't have to be embarrassed, mate, think it's about time you got yourself a boyfriend."

"He just lives so far," Louis caves. "But he's so pretty I want to die."

"Lou," Liam laughs. "You can make it work long distance. People do it all the time. It seems like he likes you a lot."

"And he's prettyyy," Louis whines, falling into the cushion of the couch. "It's been three weeks and I miss him like crazy."

"He must be special, then, since you lose interest faster than a goldfish," Liam snorts.

"Not true!" Louis pouts. "But men can be so boring. Harry isn't, though, he's funny, charming, kind-"

"And pretty," Liam finishes for him. "I know, I know. I think you really like this guy a lot, so you should put some real effort into this one."

"I'm offended you think I wouldn't," Louis pouts dramatically. "I am a wonderful boyfriend."

"Please, let's not get started on this topic," Liam puts a hand out. "Never again."

"I blame you for setting me up on some awful blind dates," Louis says shortly.

"Well, you obviously didn't need my help with this one, so I shouldn't be blamed anymore."

"You're not," Louis sighs. "'m gonna go talk to Harry for a little while, he should be up by now."

"The time difference must be rough, huh?" Liam asks, watching Louis stand up and stretch.

"Yup, eight hours. I'm practically done with my day by the time he's up," Louis says.

"That sucks," Liam sympathizes, turning back to the television. "Go call him."

"I am," Louis sings, walking out of the room.

"Hello?" Harry answers the phone after a few rings.

"Hey, love," Louis smiles softly, his voice quiet.

"Hey, baby," Harry drawls, his voice low and smooth. "What are you up to?"

"Missing you," Louis sighs. "I should be working on the new line but I'm getting side tracked."

"Thinking about me?" Harry asks, and Louis can hear his shit-eating grin 6,000 miles away.

"Always," Louis smiles. "What about you?"

"I just got back from practice. I'm going to make lunch and shower," Harry says.

"I wish you were there with you," Louis says softly. "I miss you a lot. You're so far."

"I know, baby," Harry murmurs. "I've got some time off in three weeks, though."

"That won't work, I'll be in Italy for work," Louis says. "The week after I'm free."

"No, I've got a game," Harry says. "I'll be in Dallas. Two weeks after that?"

"Spain," Louis groans. "So I guess I'm never seeing you again? We'll live off of Skype and Facetime and texting forever?"