Chapter 8

The two months apart don't fly by at all.

Louis is constantly working with little leisure time. Everything is hectic and fast paced and on top of it all, he feels like shit. It's been nearly two months since getting back from their honeymoon, and he hasn't felt himself since. Granted, he may just miss Harry a lot, but he doesn't see a reason to vomit over it every morning with nausea the rest of the day.

And now, the absolute worst has happened.

He's got a big meeting to go to about what his plans are with the new studio in California and it'll be mostly finance talk, something Louis despises. But he knows he has to look good for the executives and everyone else present, since he's the face of the entire company.

He's got his outfit all planned out to be formal, but not so much it looks forced. He decides on his skinny black jeans and a short blazer to throw over a white shirt. He feels more at ease knowing what he's going to wear, but it's suddenly the end of everything.

"Fuck," Louis swears loudly, trying his best to force his pants to zip up, but they just won't do it. Has he gained this much weight in two months? It's not like he's been eating much because all he does is throw it back up. It doesn't look like much, but Louis can see the very small swelling of his belly and all he wants to do is curl up and cry in bed. This is not the day to find out he's getting fat. And why the fuck is he so emotional over everything? He's a grown man and shouldn't cry over a few extra pounds. He's going to suck it up and get through this day. He fixes a safety pin to at least keep them closed throughout the day and grabs his keys.

The meeting is awful and painful to sit through. Louis has the worst urge to pee the entire time, and when they bring in lunch, Louis almost vomits over the glass table. One of the girls there asks if he's okay and informs him that he looks a bit pale, but he nods and assures her that he's fine.

It's long, but Louis seems to get his way. He doesn't have to do much talking, because his assistant has an entire list that Louis sent her last week about that he needs and his budget. There are no arguments and it's easy. Louis goes right back to his flat with a short goodbye to everyone.

He gets into bed and closes his eyes, feeling a headache coming on. He almost wants to call Harry and let it all out, cry about his pants not fitting and how often he vomits and how badly he misses him. But he can't bring himself to call, too embarrassed to tell Harry that they've been married for 10 weeks and he's already let himself go. Sleeping sounds like a better plan.
~
He won't be home for another week, and he doesn't seem to be getting any better. He's gained a total of eight pounds since the wedding, and he feels disgusting. Granted, most of it is in his stomach, so he's hoping it comes off easily. He needs to see a doctor, though, since this doesn't seem normal. He's always been a bit underweight, but now he's gaining weight so fast it's terrifying. And even though his sickness is getting a bit better, he just wants to get checked out to be safe.

"Hey, babe," Louis greets, answering the phone.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Harry asks.

"Alright," Louis sighs. "I'm heading to the doctor now."

"Doctor? What's wrong? You haven't said anything."

"I'm just not feeling well, just want to make sure everything is alright. It's not big deal," Louis says. "Just a quick check up."

"Make sure you call me when you finish up, yeah?" Harry says, sounding hesitant.

"Yeah, I will, honey. I'll talk to you later, okay? Good luck at training. I love you."

"I love you, too," Harry says, and Louis hangs up.
~
"I'm sorry, I'm what?" Louis nearly cries. "Am I on a prank show or something?"

"Louis, take a deep breath," the doctor instructs. "This does happen. I've personally dealt with a lot of them in the past few years, so you're in good hands."