Chapter 11

"That your family in front?" a male model asks Louis, pointing to Harry struggling to keep their five year olds still, their newborn Ava sleeping peacefully in her carrier.

"Yeah, they're all mine," Louis grins.

"They're beautiful, you're lucky," he says.

"Yeah, I know I am," Louis nods, smiling gratefully. "Thank you."

After the show, Lucas and Joshua each grab a leg of Louis', babbling about how boring the show was and Harry gives him an apologetic smile, holding Ava's carrier in his hand.

"It was amazing, Lou, honestly. The maternity line seemed to really grab attention. Everything was perfect," Harry says, leaning over to give his husband and congratulatory kiss.

"Thanks, honey. How were the kids?"

"Alright," Harry shrugs. "A handful, as always. Ava's been asleep the whole time, thankfully, so she should be waking up soon for feeding. The boys wanted to run up on stage themselves, I think."

"They want to steal the spotlight I'm sure," Louis laughs, squatting down and pulling them both in for tight hugs. "Is that why? Do you like when everyone looks at you?"

"Obviously!" Lucas says. "It's funny!"

"Well, I did promise I'd take you out for ice cream, so we're gonna go right now, okay?" Louis smiles.

"Yes! Let's get ice cream!" Joshua nods in agreement. Louis grins and clasps Harry's hand, leaning up to kiss him on the mouth.

"Thanks for everything, Harry. For all of your constant support and love. Couldn't have made it this far without you."

"Same goes to you, baby. I love you," Harry says, kissing him softly.

"I love you too," Louis smiles. "Alright, c'mon, boys!"

The twins are sticky and messy after, chocolate ice cream all over their faces, Lucas even manages to get it on his eyebrow, bless him. While Louis feeds Ava her bottle at the table, he watches Harry wipe the boys' mouths and smile at them, lecturing them about aiming more for their mouths than their cheeks. Louis' glad he took the risk and gained enough courage to see a total stranger, and he's glad that total stranger was Harry.

***********************************************************************************************

Two years later

"Go papa!" Lucas shouts, standing next to Joshua by the window of the VIP box at the stadium. They're seven now, and Louis thinks they actually understand a lot of the game. They've been watching it since they were newborns, so, it makes sense. They've got Harry's jersey on, his number, 22, with Styles written on the back. Ava, though, being only two, would rather sit with Louis and her stuffed elephant. She couldn't be bothered to care about papa. Sure, daddy stuffed her into a jersey, but that's as much as she'll allow.

"Papa's doing well today, huh boys?" Louis asks, holding Ava on his lap, giving her back her pacifier after she dropped it.

"Papa is always good," Joshua says simply, and Louis grins. He's not wrong. His kids are so immensely proud of their father, and Louis is right with them. Harry's been MVP of his team three times in his career, and Louis knew he still has a couple good years left in him before he retires. He keeps in good shape, he's extremely physically healthy and fit, and he loves what he does.

Well, he did have a good couple of years left, until today.

"Daddy?" Joshua says, looking over at Louis. Louis is currently fishing in his diaper bag to get a snack for Ava, but he looks up and sees Joshua looking worried.