Chapter 7

"Okay, either I somehow grew, or your clothes have taken over my closet," Harry calls out to Louis, staring at a rack of clothes that don't belong to him. Louis comes in through the doorframe and smiles sheepishly.

"I hate bringing things back and forth," he shrugs. Harry turns to face him and he's too fucking pretty not to look at. He's swallowed up in one of Harry's t-shirts with a mug of tea in his hands, hair swept across his forehead. It's been nearly two years since they met, and it feels like a lifetime.

"Move in with me."

"What?" Louis says, frowning deeply. "What are you on about?"

"Move in with me. Live here in California with me," Harry says, walking closer to Louis and putting his hands on his hips.

"Harry," Louis sighs, looking into his mug and then up into Harry's eyes. "I can't just leave London. All of my family is in the UK and my entire business is there and my friends and my entire life."

"My life is there, too, when you're there. Lou, what happens when we get married? We're going to live 6,000 miles away from each other?"

"No," Louis pouts. "Can't you come live with me?"

"Don't think the team would allow me to play from London," Harry smiles a little. "You know I can't go anywhere until my football career is over, and I've got a lot of time left, if all goes well. But you could still do your stuff from here and go to London when needed."

"Who said we're getting married?" Louis asks after a pause. "Are you asking?"

"Not yet," Harry grins. "But I'm thinking about it."

"I'll consider it."

"What? Marrying me or moving in with me?" Harry asks.

"Moving in. Marrying you isn't something I'd have to think about," Louis whispers and kisses Harry softly. "Don't think I could ever say no."

"You just made proposing a lot easier on me," Harry laughs, kissing Louis again.

"Whenever the time is right, I'm here."
~
The next day, Louis is frantically typing on his laptop in the kitchen, glasses falling down his nose and his hair a mess. He's biting his bottom lip, the way he does when he's concentrating, and Harry loves him so much.

"Everything okay?" Harry asks, walking towards him and peeking at the screen.

"Yeah," Louis looks up, smiling tiredly. "Figuring out the details of my move over here."

"Wait," Harry says slowly. "What?"

"I thought about it," Louis says, wrapping an arm around Harry's middle. "Didn't even sleep last night because of it. I can make it work. I'll keep my flat and go there whenever I have to, but I can do work here. And I'm thinking about expanding, maybe opening up a place here and man it from both here and London with a little assistance on the London front."

"How did you come up with this?" Harry asks, still a bit stunned. He's known Louis to being a stubborn hard ass, but somehow here they are, less than 24 hours after asking and Louis has his life planned out. Harry is a scatterbrain in comparison to Louis.

"Babe," Louis smiles. "I love you. Like you said, you're my life and we can't live 5,456 miles away from each other forever."

"You googled it?" Harry grins like a dope.

"Yeah," Louis smiles softly. "Bit less than 6,000, but far enough. This will be easier for us, and I know it's going to take a lot of adjusting and work, but I think it's best for our relationship."