Chapter 5

*****Love this pic tho, its been ma wallpaper for a year now. lool oops *****

Meeting all of Harry's teammates, their wives and their children is a bit overwhelming, but everyone is so kind and welcoming. Harry is the only gay one on the team, which means Louis is the only boyfriend, but he doesn't mind. The women are all really nice, and Louis can see himself joining into this group seamlessly.

Louis feels bad when he can't contribute to conversation about the game, though, since he doesn't understand any of what's happening.

"Louis? Are you okay?" a woman asks. Louis vaguely remembers her name being Lucy and her husband being the kicker or something like that.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Back home this isn't football, it's apparently soccer to you guys," Louis says, smiling. "Haven't quite figured this game out yet."

"A lot different," Lucy smiles. "Far from home, as well."

"Yeah," Louis says. "But we're trying to arrange visits whenever we can. Harry was just at my place last week and I came back with him. It's a bit hard since we're both so busy, but it's working."

"I think you two are absolutely adorable together," another woman says. Rachel? That sounds right. "He looks so happy. Daniel told me it seems like his game has been better ever since he met you."

"Really?" Louis asks, a bit taken back. "Think it's because of me?"

"Totally," Rachel nods.

Louis grins and watches Harry run down the field, scoring a goal or whatever it's called.
~
"Alright," Harry says, pulling Louis in closer and playing with his hair, pointing to the TV set with the other. "It's not a goal, it's a touch down, okay? That's a touch down right there, because he made it past the end zone."

"So, is the end zone like a goal in my football?" Louis asks, snuggled close to Harry and watching the Giants versus the Cowboys game.

"Yeah, exactly. And that's a field goal, which the ball is kicked into for an extra point," Harry explains.

"This is so hard. What a dumb sport," Louis sighs, pawing at Harry's stomach.

"Hey," Harry frowns. "Don't be mean."

"Sorry, love, " Louis smiles up at him. "Gonna make some tea, though. Want any?"
Louis stands up and stretches and sees Harry looking him up and down. He smiles to himself, so glad he gets that kind of reaction from his boyfriend.

"Nah, I'm good, thanks," Harry says. He gives a light smack to Louis' butt as he walks away, giving Louis a cheeky grin. Louis waggles a finger at him and smirks, swaying his hips to leave the room.

"We need to get you better tea!" Louis yells from the kitchen, frowning. "These are all shit. I'm going to ship you a bunch of Yorkshire and you're going to have a lifetime stock for every time I visit."

"My tea isn't good enough for you?" Harry calls back.

"Your cock may be, but your tea is not."

Harry snorts, waiting for Louis to come back. Louis feels comfortable in this house, even though he's only been a few times. It already feels like home to him.
~
It's hard, but it works. They manage to squeeze in short visits when they can. Sometimes, Harry is in New York for a game and Louis has to be there for a meeting, so they stay at the same hotel or work out a schedule. Thankfully, they have some overlaps, but they never go a day without talking.

"I sent some t-shirts in the mail, they should be there by the time you're back from Florida," Louis says, the phone between his ear and shoulder. He's in the office designing a new dress, and Harry's just gotten out of practice.