14. CEO.

I get out of my truck, closing the door behind me. I look up to find a yellow face staring at me from across the street. He begins walking towards me and I sigh, crossing my arms. I pop my hip out as I lean against my truck.

"I'm surprised you didn't put your middle finger up and walk away."

I roll my eyes, "you would've just follow me." He chuckles, "that's true." We stand in silence, staring at each other. "I've been wanting to talk to you for a while."

"I know."

"But I haven't been able to find you."

"I know. There's no point of talking Daniel, just go back to that bitch, Laura." I dismiss, turning and walking away. He grabs my hand and I bite my lip at the touch. He's warm and the touch is soft, despite his rough appearance. He steps in front of me quickly, "I'm not with Laura, I wasn't even with Laura that night! I didn't even know that she was in my bed until she started screaming about someone breaking in."

"I don't care Daniel." I brush him off as I continue to try and walk towards the club. I have a meeting with Jason in a few minutes and I am not trying to be late. He grabs my arm but holds it tight enough that I can't get loose, "I care! You were all I cared and thought about while I was in prison! I'm out now and not about to lose you over no bitch that can't get over me."

"It's not only that anymore Daniel!" I shout out of frustration, "I don't give a fuck about Laura, it's bigger than her, you're just not seeing it!"

"Then what the fuck is it?!"

"We aren't the same people as we were 2 years ago!" I toss my hands up, slapping my thighs as they come down. "2 Years ago, you wouldn't have fought a man because he was dancing with me! 2 years ago, you wouldn't have disrespected me the way you did!" My eyes are watering and I don't appreciate it. I rub my eyes, taking a deep breath. "Did you expect me to stay the same?" He asks.

"Yes!"

"I went to prison, how could you expect me to not change!?"

"I didn't expect for you to become disrespectful and possessive!" I counter. "I went to a place where niggas disrespect you and take what you posses, and you didn't expect for me to become disrespectful and possessive?!" He makes a valid point. I exhale and turn and begin walking towards the club entrance, no doubt I'm late now. He grabs my arm again, swinging me around, "Stop walking away from me Stephanie!"

"I'm not going to keep arguing with you Daniel!"

"Then listen, damnit! I didn't mean to disrespect you! I was mad for Christ sake! But that's no excuse. As Far as Laura, the bitch snuck in my house and got in my bed."

I cross my arms, "you didn't hear yo door open?" He crosses his arms, mimicking me, "If I woke up for every little sound in prison, I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all."

We stare at each other. I tap  my foot, thinking, and he mimics me. I tilt my head to the side, he tilts his head. I take a step back, guess what this nigga does?

He walks all the way into my face.

"You think you funny, huh?" I ask with a slight smile. He grins at me and I get butterflies in my stomach, "Well, I always had you laughing so I must be."

I watch him closely. I know he isn't that same person from 2 years ago, but neither am I. I put up a strong front but I really don't want to let this boy go. I reach up and run my hand over his short hair, feeling its softness. I drop my hand, "So do we start over? Get to know each other again?" I ask quietly. He nods, "I'm not letting you go." He pulls me in for a hug. Suddenly he has my right butt cheek in his hand, "Or this ass." He adds. I lean back, laughing, and smack his chest. 

---

"I want our need for dancers on the internet for every available dancer to see by tomorrow. I'm going to go find out about a security team now." I say to Tee, walking to the passenger side of my truck, Daniel surprising me by opening the door for me. He grins and raise his eyebrow, I just roll my eyes at him. "A couple the girls from Queen of Kings told their friends about the opening, some of them has gotten in contact with me about a job." she says as I get in my chair. I buckle my seat belt as Daniel gets in, scratching his head. "Okay, that's fine, forward me their headshots and shit. I'll talk to you about them some more at the hotel." She says a quick okay and hands up.

I start my truck up, "I need a house." I drag the word. "Why? You can just live with me." Daniel says, looking at his phone. I pull onto the road, "No nigga, we starting over. I need a place of my own."

---

The drive to the security company is short and quiet. Daniel is a little upset that he will actually have to start driving to visit me again, but he'll get over it. We walk into the building, being greeted by a secretary. "Hi," I begin, "I'm here to speak with someone about getting security for a club I am opening."

She nods, "Give me a moment and I will call him down. Until then, you are welcomed to wait over there." She points at some chairs behind us and we plop down in them. "So what are you going to be with me all day?" I ask quietly, looking over at Daniel. "Yes, why not."

"Don't you have drugs to sell though?" I inquire, pulling my phone out. "Two years ago, did I ever say, 'oh I have to go stand on a corner to make my money'?" His attitude is making an appearance. 

"I was just asking a question because you always had money but I never saw yo' ass work." I state.

"Miss!" the secretary calls with a smile, "You can follow me to the conference room, our CEO can now talk to you." I nod as she stand. I stand and tell Daniel to stay here, he just smacks his lips. Following the woman through a hallway, she stops at a door and holds it open for me, "thank you." 

"Hello, my name is CEO Chri--"

"Christopher." I interrupt.