24. Amen.

(5/7/17) Fam! Do y'all see that shit in that picture?! We got a rank! This is my first urban book to actually get a rank! When I saw that shit I started twerking in my kitchen! Thank you guys very much for finding my book interesting enough to rea...

(5/7/17) Fam! Do y'all see that shit in that picture?! We got a rank! This is my first urban book to actually get a rank! When I saw that shit I started twerking in my kitchen! Thank you guys very much for finding my book interesting enough to read and get it its first rank! I'm blessed to have you all! And in reaction to the rank, here's an update!

•••

A nurse walks into the room as if she has all the time in the world but once she sees the growing blood in my lap she pushes a button on the wall beside the door, setting off an alarm. "What did you do?!" She asks sternly. I groan as she snatches the soiled sheets off of me, "nothing, please, it hurts!"

She lays me back on the bed and props my legs up. As the pain intensifies, my vision diminishes. Soon every blink takes up a lot of energy. I hear the room becoming crowded and hectic. I hear the doctor calling for things, what he was calling for? I can't remember. Something cold is inserted in my vagina and I jerk, the cold sensation waking me up a little. The thing clamps something and a shot of pain floats through me before I completely pass out.

•••

How cliche is it to say that you woke up to a beeping Noise? Its really cliche isn't it? Yeah, I figured that. So let's switch it up. I did wake up because of a beeping noise but when I opened my eyes I only saw Dawson. He had his head in his hands, appearing to be sleep. I shift a little, feeling that I'm in a new bed, and he wakes up with a startle.

He blinks a few times before wiping his eyes and sitting up straight. When he sits up, I notice he is just in a regular tee shirt and jeans. He must be off duty. "I'll go get the doctor." He mumbles before standing and speed walking out the room, the door softly closing behind him. I clear my throat and sit up. I begin reaching for the water that's on the table beside me but stop when my room door opens again.

A pale white man that's balding and wearing a lab coat walks in with only a pen in his hands. He takes a deep breath as he stands in front of my bed. "Ms. McCray, what do you remember from last night?" He asks, cutting straight to the business.

I blink a few times, refusing to revisit the pain I was in, "I remember all of it." Damn, my voice sounds horrible. The doctor nods, "okay, um, I dont know the best way to say this--"

"Just tell her, doc." Dawson interrupts. I look between Dawson and the doctor, panic rising in my chest. "What happened?" I ask, the beeping speeding up beside me. I peek beside me and find the heart monitor, watching as my heart rate increases. "Stephanie you need to calm down." Dawson says, walking over to me and grabbing my left hand. I snatch my hand out of his grip, "what happened to me?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"In order to tell you, I need you to calm down. You're in a fragile condition right now, and you becoming stressed is not going to be helpful." The doctor says calmly and I take what he said into consideration.