15. Walls And Throats.

He looks up, his eyes widening, he swallows hard. "Step-Step-Stephanie." He stutters. I crack a smile, thats ironic. He's looking at me weirdly, almost afraid. If only Daniel was back here.

"Hello christopher." I take a seat at my end of the table, hearing the door close behind me. "Steph-Stephanie, what are you doing here?"He asks. Is that sweat on his brow?

I smirk, "I'm here to handle business. Speaking of business, lets get down to it." He shuffles some paper infront of him, why is he so nervous?

Matter of fact, why is he the CEO of a security corporation? Why isnt he at his law firm?

He loosens his tie a bit, spreading the papers infront of him. "I was told that you want security for your Exotic club?" He clarifies, I Just nod my agreeance. He nods, "How often would you like for security to be present?"

"As long as the doors are open." I state blatently.

---

Its been almost an hour since we've been in this meeting and I'm getting annoyed. He's stuttering every other word and shit like get yourself together.

He says the security prices, finally, and I roll my eyes, "look sir, just give me the highest package, your best security, and let that be that." I stand, gathering my stuff, "I have other things to do other than sitting here and listening to you stutter like a fool." I mutter, snatching my purse up and walking out the open door.

I get halfway down the hallway before fast foot steps behind me alert me of his fast approach. I turn around, my hand grasping his throat and quietly but aggressively putting him against the wall beside me.

"What you walking up on me like that for Christopher?" My heart is pounding in my chest.

"I just wanted to know how you were doing." He pushes against the pressure of my hand. Narrowing my eyes, I release him. He takes a small and careful step away from the wall, making me notice that I really had him up against the wall, almost plaster.

"I'm doing fine, thank you for asking." I say before turning and walking away. His footsteps continue behind me, making me tense a bit more with each step he takes.

"I heard you were in new Orleans, what made you come back?"

Where did he hear that?

"I was gonna email you or something but--" he skids to a stop as we round the corner and he spots Daniel right where I left him, on his phone. At the sound of Christopher's sudden Stop, Daniel looked up.

Silence.

Daniel runs a hand over his face and leans forward, placing his elbows on legs. I can see the debate of whether or not he should start some drama. I honestly don't give a damn, my work here is done.

A peek at Christopher tells me that he is scared but not scared out of his mind. He seems like he's ready for whatever.

Daniel stands up and the world freezes. I watch as he walks over to the receptionist and puts on an award winning smile. "Excuse me miss, but can I get your number?"

---

I'm driving daniel to his house, seething and quiet. I see how it is now. He's jumping to conclusions so he wanna act out.

I'm so over him. I don't have time for no childish behavior and that's exactly what he is.

I pull up to the front of his house and park. He sits there for a second, on his phone. "Delete my number Daniel." My voice is calm and leveled.

That makes him look up. He chuckles, "why because your little abusive boyfriend wants you back And you're dumb enough to give him another chance?"

My fist flies before I could restrain myself. I hit him in the jaw so hard that his head hits my window. I feel so bad for my window. "You wanna keep disrespecting me, you're no better than him! Not that long ago we decided to start over, but yo bitch ass can't even handle being friends!"

He laughs, "aww, go off baby sis, are you mad?"

"Get the fuck out my car Daniel, you really ain't shit." I lower my tone. "I wish I never slept with yo' ass. I wish I never came back for you. I wish I never gave you the time of day in that damn mall! If I knew that you would turn out like this, I wish I would've kept walking."

I stared him in the eyes when I said all of that, hoping that he would feel every word, and he did. His eyes started watering. I laugh, "awww, you gone cry baby bro? You don't like it when I hurt your feelings?! That's all you've been fucking doing to me since we laid eyes on each other! And I'm not sorry because karma is a bitch! Now get the fuck out my car, Daniel! And stay the fuck away from me."

I look away and grip my steering wheel. I take my truck off brake and put my foot on the brake so that once he's out I can pull off.

After sitting there for a second, he finally gets out and I slam my foot on the gas, leaving him in the dust.

My heart hurts, it does. But I'll get over it.