17. Quick Author's Note!

You guys, I just realized that this will be the 17th chapter! I'm in shock. This book is flying by so fast and I don't even know what to say! I feel like I've been writing more of a back ground story than anything, how do y'all feel? Leave me some comments with your opinion!

-Shamya

-----------

I walk into the grocery store, ear phones in, exhausted. The club is a lot of work but not anything that I can't handle. Plus I've been searching for a house and its been a hassle.

I start down the dry goods aisle, just walking through. I'm staying with Tee so I don't need to buy much, but I just want some of the things I like.

A hand grips my shoulder and spins me around. Instantly my fist flies out, missing my target but hitting someone's shoulder. They groan a little at the impact but let's me go. I snatch my earphones out when I see that it's Dawson. "What the fuck you grabbing me for?!" I whisper fiercely. He grabs his shoulder, "I had called your name 3 times-- damn you pack a punch! Hit like a grown man." He rotates his arm and I roll my eyes.

After I roll my eyes, I note that he isn't in a suit, he's in basic clothes, looking like a regular person. "I'm guessing you're not here to interrogate me again?" I ask, turning and pushing my cart down the aisle.

He laughs a little, "no this was just a coincidence of me seeing you."

"Mhmm, so what do you want?" I ask as I toss some Doritos into my cart. "That's a lot of carbs right there." He comments. I pause and grab the bag, opening them and eating a giant chip. He smirks at my actions, "smart ass."

"Smart ass, fat ass, "I jiggle my booty a little, "I'm a package."

"You obviously are." He mutters. I grab my cart and continue walking down the aisle, him following me quietly. "So are you going to be my shadow while I'm here, orrrr?"

"I'm trying to find the words to ask you out." He admits and I cough, clearing my throat. I look at him through the corner of my eyes.

I laugh, "you're joking, right?" I ask, turning to face him. At this point I'll be done shopping when the store is about to close.

He smirks again, shaking his head, "I am very much interested in you."

I push out a dry chuckle in disbelief, "you don't know me."

"On contrary, I've been watching you for a while now due to you being involved with Daniel." I laugh, "so what? You've been watching me for almost a month now because I just got back in Georgia."

He shakes his head, "just because you weren't in Georgia doesn't mean I didn't have an eye on you in new Orleans."

Stalker shit, that is some stalker shit.

"Why you so obsessed with me?" I ask. He's been watching me for 2 years, thats-- off putting. He quickly shakes his head, liking his bottom lip, "I thought you could lead me to extending Daniels sentencing but you two didn't speak the entire time you were down there, not even a post card. After a while, a year, I stopped watching you until you came back to Atlanta and was there for his release."

My heart beats very quickly, catching me off guard. I look around, knowing that something is about to happen. My eyes scan everywhere until they land on the one of the stores wide windows.

"What? What's wrong?" Dawson asks, looking around also. I give him a tight smile, "you gotta go." I say through my teeth. "Don't react to what I'm saying, just smile and say bye." I command. He looks around again before spotting what I've seen.

Andrew's car.

Dawson nods, "do you still have my card?" He asks, his tone a little lower. I nod quickly, "we will continue this conversation later but for now, bye-bye!" I wave and grab my cart, walking down the aisle. I turn the corner of the aisle and skid to a stop as Daniel and Andrew stands in font of me.

My intuition never fail me.

My heart pounds in my chest as I suck my teeth, folding my arms and nonchalantly looking behind me, secretly confirming that Dawson is out of eyesight. "What the hell you two want?"

"Heard about those two detectives sniffing around you earlier today." Andrew starts off. "Okay, your point?" I snap.

"His mothafuckin' point is, what did you say?" Daniel snaps and I take a step back. "Who the fuck you think you talking to?!" I clap back. I was hoping that he would just stand their quietly and not try to show off but so much for my hopes. He looks tired, like he hasn't slept in a few days. His hair has grown out a bit and his face is dry. His clothes are wrinkled as hell.

It's like he gave up on himself.

"I'm talking to a snitchin' ass bitch! Now tell me what the fuck you said to them!" He rounds the cart and stands over me. I blink a few times as my arms shake.

"Get the fuck out of my face Daniel."

"What did you say to them Stephanie?" His tone is very low, he sounds menacing and it's getting to me. But I won't let him know that. "Andre get yo' mans, he don't want these problems--"

Daniels hand grips my jaw, making me bite my tongue. His grip is tight and painful but the look in his eyes tells me that if I don't play my cards right, things can get much worse in this supermarket.

My breathing is uneven as I think back to when Christopher used to grab me like this and how I ended up. My eyes water a bit as my jaw aches.

"Get off of me--"

"Shut the fuck up!" He's full on yelling.

"Andrew!" I whine as I try to pull Daniels hands off of my face. "Daniel, man, you going to far--"

"Shu the fuck up!" He shouts at him, "if you think I'm going back to prison because of a bitch that can't keep her mouth shut, you got me fucked up!"

"But this is Stephanie! You know she wouldn't--"

"Shut up Andrew! She ain't the same bitch from 2 years ago, so I don't know shit!"

And you're not the man from 2 years ago. You really aren't.

"Daniel let me go, please." I'm begging and I promised myself I would never beg another nigga to not hurt me. But the grip he has on me is so painful that I can't take this shit anymore.

He straightens his arm out, pushing me back into the wall of snacks behind me. I try very hard to repress the memories that are trying to surface. "What the hell did you tell them, Stephanie?" He says each word carefully.

He tightens his grip and I realize that he's not about to let me go.

Releasing his wrist, I punch him in his nose with all my might.

Worst decision I've ever made.