16. Shemar Moore.

Its been weeks since I've seen or heard from Daniel and I'm happy that he followed my order. I thought it would be hard for me to get over him but it wasn't. Once I realized that the man I loved was in the past, the pain in my heart let up.

But I don't deny that I love him.

At the moment, I am in the new club with Tee, handling major business. "Tee, point them in the direction of the private dance rooms!" I shout to her since she's across the room. I have furniture coming in, sound system people coming in, DJ's and dancers trying out and a cleaning team cleaning up as everyone moves.

I spot jason walking in and grin, loving the amazement that's on his face. He walks over to me as I'm watching a girl dance, "wow, you really got this place coming together really fast."

I nod, proud of me and Tee's hard work, "yeahhhh, me and Tee is working hard-- aye, aye!" I shout, seeing a girl losing her grip on the pole. Seconds later she falls the floor and me and Tee are running towards her.

"Call and ambulance!" Tee shouts, getting to the girl before me.

"No!" The girl shouts, canceling Tee's order, "I'm fine, I'm fine!" She promises. "You just fell off a pole! You could have a concussion!" I argue. She shakes her head, "I'm fine, can I start over?" She asks.

"No!" I shoot down.

"Hell naw!" Tee adds directly after me.

"Look baby girl," I say once I see the disappointment and how desperate she is to prove herself, "you were going good, you were, but I can't have no one falling off the pole. Its dangerous."

"Stephanie!" Jason calls and I look at him to find him pointing to the Entry, where an old white man is waving at me. I raise my finger, telling them to give me a moment. "Tee, a word?" She nods and we walk away from the girl.

"Look she cant be a dancer, but she has a body to be a floor girl." I whisper, peeking over at the girl who is now sliding her sweat pants on. Tee nods, "I was thinking the same thing, but go ahead and handle that business over there, I'll get everything back in motion." Before I can respond she turning around clapping her hands, demanding the next girl on the pole, the movers moving, and the next auditioning DJ.

With a smirk, I turn to Jason, waving him to my side as I begin walking to the old white man. I grin as I approach him, holding my hand out to shake his. "Hi, my name is Stephanie and this is Jason, who might you be?"

The man shakes my hand with a tight grip, "my name is Bill, the owner of Bill's Liquors, I heard of this new business opening and decided to see if I can make a connection!" After his introduction, I lead him a few feet away from the door so that the workers wouldn't have to scoot around us.The old man, Bill, seems like a sweetheart. "Excellent, I was just about to have the club manager reach out to a few spots about possibly making connections and I believe your name was on the list!" I return his enthusiasm, causing his smile to widen.

"Is there a Stephanie McCray here?!" A voice yells, making my head snap back to the entrance where I find 2 men standing while an annoyed Tee is trying to talk to them, presumably trying to get the men to step outside.

The man that yelled my name catches my eye and I watch as he slyly moves the side of his coat, showing a badge.

What the hell?

I look back to Bill and give him a tight smile, "I'm so sorry Bill but I guess I'm needed over there but Jason is my partner and I'm sure that he will help you--"

"Actually I have to leave Steph." Jason interrupts.

Thanks a lot Jason.

"Then I will have my manager, Telara!" I call Tee by her government name, catching both her attention and a glare. I jerk my head, making her walk over to me. "Telara, this is Bill and he would like to speak about being a possible liquor connection. Can you handle this while I handle the gentlemen at the door?" Iask, giving her a look that says, "bitch don't fuck this up for us." She nods, plastering on her professional smile and voice as she greets Bill, taking him to one of the offices in the back that is actually done being constructed on.

Once they're out of sight, I walk past a texting jason and straight to the officers. "Step outside." I demand. Nodding, they turn, looking around as the walk back through my double doors.

"What do you want?" I ask as the doors close behind me. "Hostile? Guilty of something?" One of the men asks. He's white with salt and pepper hair, probably in his early 40's. The other detective was my complexion and probably my age. He was just staring me in my face.

"Hostile? Sure, you walk up in my club and interrupt my business without warning. Guilty though?" I laugh, "nope."

"Ms.McCray, we have become aware that you are involved with a Daniel--"

"I am no longer involved with him, bye." I turn on my heels about to walk back in the club, only for the quiet detective to slide In my way. I raise an eyebrow at him and he mimics me.

"Ms.McCray, we would only like to ask you a few questions." Says the cop. I smirk, turning to face both of them, "I know what you would like to do but I know that if I like I can remain silent because anything that I say can and will be used against me in the of law." I counter.

I take a step back, looking at both men as the white cop moves and stands in front of e while the back one stays to my right. "I m happy that you know your rights Ms.McCray." says the white cop.

I chuckle, "look, okay? I'm not an anti-police person, I'm not. You're doing your jobs, I understand that. But if you're going to ask me what Daniel is doing in his life, I can't tell you. We were romantic, not business." I clarify.

The black cop pulls an orange envelope out of his coat pocket, handing it to me. "Those are pictures from 2 years ago, where you, Daniel, a woman named Becca, and Daniel's best friend Andrew are going into a ball."

My heart dropped. But I breathed evenly, not displaying nothing as I pull out the pictures. It shows us getting out of the limo, walking up the steps, all of us looking as if we were ready to handle business.

That's the night I killed a girl.

I blink a few times, looking at the detectives blankly. I know that I killed a woman but it never registered that I actually killed a woman. But here I am being reminded of that night again. But this time, cops is reminding me.

I tap the pictures in my hand, "what is your point?" I question.

"Daniel was charged with murders from that night, can you tell us anything?" The black cop asks.

"Anybody ever tell you that you look like Shemar Moore?" I ask, trying to change the topic. The cop chuckles, I was successful. But only with him. The white cop clears his throat, snapping his partner out of his flattery.

"Ms.McCray, please answer the question." Says the white cop and I roll my eyes. "What do you want me to say? If you were watching then you know that we left, we were arguing."

"Yeah, what was that argument about?" Ass the black cop. I'm not about to lie for Daniel, but I'm not about to get myself a prison sentence. I shrug, "hell if I remember, that was 2 years ago."

They stare at me for a few moments before the white cops phone rings and he steps away to answer the call, leaving me and the black guy. "So am I done Here? I am have a business to Create." I say with a bored expression.

He smirks, "yeah, pretty much, but let me give you my number so that if you feel the need to help out investigation or if you remember something vital--"

"So there is an investigation going on?" I ask, interrupting him as I take his card. He nods, "but you shouldn't worry, you aren't on the radar."

Good to know.

"Okay, well these belong to you," I hand him the pictures back, turning to go back inside, "so this is your club?" He asks, making me pause. I turn and raise my eyebrow, "I was just wondering because your so young and bea--"

"Dawson!" His partner yells, cutting him off. I chuckle as He, Dawson, looks like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "We gotta go." The partner urges. "Yeah, okay." Dawson mutters. He looks back to me and laughs, sounding nervous. Meanwhile I'm just smiling, he wants my cookie, hehe.

"Um, so yeah, call me if you need anything." He says quickly before turning and walking away. I just chuckle and go back in the club.