Prologue

It was Friday afternoon, Janine and her 5 years old son Chase were at the Dodgers Stadium. Chase loves to play baseball and is the biggest fan of Dodgers. He begged his mom to take him to the Dodgers Stadium for Corey bobblehead night. Chase did not know Corey was his father.

"Momma look! It's Corey Seager! " said Chase, pointing at Corey, trying to get Janine's attention. Janine looked up from her phone and saw Corey chatting with his teammate Joc Pederson.

Janine hasn't seen him for years since the day Corey have left. She and Corey texted each other for almost 5 weeks, until Corey had stopped to focus on his career while Janine is on her 2 months pregnancy. She still hasn't told him about her pregnancy.

"Ah, I see him" said Janine, looking at Corey sadly. "We're almost close to him, isn't that cool momma?!" said Chase, grabbing Janine's camera to take picture of Corey. Janine chuckled and smile at Chase, "Yes baby boy."

Few hours later, the game was almost over and Dodgers are losing in 9th inning. Janine drank 2 water bottles from her purse and needed to use a restroom.

"Hey I'm going to the bathroom, Do you need to go?" asked Janine as she stood up. "No momma I'm ok." Chase grabbed his soda and drank it a little bit. "Ok stay here and don't go anywhere" Janine walked pass by him and went upstairs.

Chase saw Corey from the deck as he slowly walked to the base. Corey was ready to hit a homerun. Unfortunately, he swung the bat and the bat slipped out of his hands. It flew somewhere high to the left.

Chase saw something coming toward him. His eyes were widened, realized it was Corey's bat that was coming toward him. Chase quickly cover his head and waited for the bat to hit him.

He yelped in pain when the bat hit his right elbow hard. The people around him gasped and were calling for help.

Janine got out of the bathroom and saw a security guard carrying a crying blonde boy whose in pain. Janine gasped and noticed it was her son!

She ran to the security guard and grabbed her son out of his arm. "Chase! What's wrong?!" Janine asked and look at each body part to see if he was hurt. "Momma! My elbow hurts! The bat hit me!" crying loudly and hung on to Janine's shoulder hard.

"Ma'am we need to take your son to the nurse's room now" said security guard. Janine followed him out to the nurse's room with her son Chase.

After the game was over, Janine was in the nurse's room where the player get injury and needed to be check on. She was sitting on the blue chair and had Chase on her lap. He was sleeping on her left shoulder while Janine held the ice pack on his right elbow. It was 11:00 pm since they were there for almost 35 minutes.

There was a knocked on the door and the door was opened. A tall man entered the room and closed it quietly in front of him. Janine heard the door opened and closed the next minute. She turned to her right and saw her ex after long time.

Corey turned around and saw a woman sitting on the chair with a little blonde boy on her lap. When he saw her face, she looked familiar to him. He tried to remember who it was. It took him 1 minutes to figure it out. He gasped and realized it was his ex girlfriend back in high school. "Janine?" Corey asked in shock.

Janine stared at Corey and didn't dare to say anything. She doesn't want him to know about their son no matter what she still hasn't tell him. Corey was going to ask her some questions, but the little boy woke up. "Mommy?" Chase asked in sleepily.

Corey was even more shocked when he heard him say mommy. "Mommy?" asked Corey. "You have a son?" he looked at the blonde hair boy. Chase heard his voice and turned to his left, to see his favorite baseball player there. "Corey Seager!?" Chase asked in shriek .

Janine sighed and murmured to herself, "It's gonna be a long night."

Hello , it was my first time writing this story so please be patient with me and thank you! I didn't like my prologue, but I did try my best. :)