Chapter 6

*3 days before Corey's birthday*

Janine's P.O.V

I am on my way to the doctor with my mom. Corey can't come with me because he have a game today which is fine to me. I am little nervous because...what if I have cancer or something. My right knee bounced up and down crazy.

My mom looked at me as she was driving. "Honey. Stop being nervous. You will be fine. There is nothing wrong with you. You might have a stomach bug."

I bit my lips as I tried to stay calm. "I'm sorry mama. I just can't help it." I looked down as I fiddled my fingers.

My mom sighed as she focused on the road. " Baby..I will always be there for you if anything happen. I will not leave you. You're the only one I have left in my family."

I looked up to my mom. "What happen to your family?" I asked curiously.

She sighed again. "I've been living in the foster care for many years.My biological mom gave birth to me when she was 17 and she didn't want me. I have no idea who my dad is. My foster family still lives in Arizona and I haven't contact them. I miss them sometimes. "

I began to think about my dad. I have never seen him in my life. Should I ask her about him?

"Mom... You don't have to answer this ,but...where's my dad?" I asked.

My mom went silence as she continued to drive. Her skin started to pale and her eyes were full of sadness. She took a deep breath before she say anything.

"Honey...your dad left us for another woman. He got her pregnant and that woman gave him a choice. The choice were either stay with us and not be involved their child's life or live with them forever. Your father choose to be that child's life." She sighed.

I looked at the window and stared at the sky. I closed my eyes as my anger began to rise. How could Dad do that? Did he not love us?

As we arrived to the hospital, I went up to the nurse and told her my name. I sat down on the green chair and waited for the doctor to call me.

Half an hour the doctor finally called me. I followed her behind as I sat on the exam table.

"Hello my name is Dr.Melina . How are you today?" She asked as she washed her hands.

"Hello. I'm doing ok right now." I said as I looked at her.

She grabbed her clip board and took out a pen. "So what's is the problem?"

I told her everything about 2 weeks ago how I kept throwing up and had weird craving.

"Mmm that's must be something, alright I'm gonna check on you and I'm gonna need you pee in those small cup." She finished writing notes as she put the clip board away.

I nodded as she checked my mouth and my ears.I went to the bathroom and pee in those cup. After I finish , I gave it to Dr.Melina.

"Ok. Thank you so much. We'll call and let you know what the results next week. " She took of the gloves and throw it in the trash.

I nodded and smile as I gave her a handshake. "Thank you so much.

I left the room and my mom looked up from the magazine.