Chapter 12

Janine's P.O.V

"It's gonna be a long night." I murmured myself. Chase moved away from my arms. "Can I hug you!?" He said in excitement tone.

Corey chuckled. "Yes you can.." Chase ran to him and hugged him.Corey smiled and hugged him back.

The nurse knocked on the door and open the door. "Hello ma'am. The x-ray came in negative. Your son is not in serious injury, but he may have bruises tomorrow. Please make sure you use ice pack to heal it. Your son may go." She said as she closed the door.

"Ok Chase, we have to go now. It's late." I said as I stood up. "But mommy...." Chase whined. "No buts. We have to go,you have school tomorrow ." He pouted as he pulled away from the hug.

"Janine.. can we talk..?" Corey said in a serious tone. I shook my head. "There is nothing to talk about.." refusing to look at him.

"Janine ..come on.. I know it's been a while. Just let me explain...please..?" He said as he gets closer. I stopped him. "Don't.... " I whispered.

"What is going on? ..." Chase asked in confusion. I sighed. "Nothing let's go" I grabbed his hand and walked toward the door. I reached the door knob ,but Corey stopped me from opening it.

"Please ..just hear me out.." He said as he stared into my eyes. Those eyes make me wanna grab his face and kiss him. But I cannot do that because he broke my heart by not responding my texts or call. I sighed. "Fine just meet me at my house tomorrow morning." I said as I gave him my address.

"Thank you..." He whispered. "Byee Corey!!" Chase said as he hugged him again before grabbing my hand. "Byee.." Corey hugged him back and smiled.

*in the car*

"What was that mommy?" Chase asked in curiosity. "What was what?" I asked . "You and Corey. You guys know each other.." He said.

I sighed and look in the mirror. "He was one my friend in high school." I said as I looked back to the road. "What!? Mommy!!! Why you didn't tell me!!" He yelled.

"Hey..keep your voice down." I said as I kept driving. "Sorry mommy..but why.." He asked again.

"I didn't tell you because he and I are no longer friend anymore. He moved away to play baseball here." I lied as I parked in the garage. Chase unbuckled and stays in the car. "Ohh..ok... Is he coming tomorrow?? I want to get to know him." He said.

I nodded. "Yes,but I don't know if he staying longer because he's only coming for adult conversation."

"Can you tell him to stay and wait for me when I come?? I wanna get to know him." He pouted.

I chuckled. "I'll try, but if he can't then I'm sorry." He nodded. "Thanks mommy. You're the best. I love you.." He said in a happy tone . "I love you too baby..give me a kiss." I said. He comes in the front and pecked me. "Thank you..." I smiled.

*next morning*

Janine's P.O.V

"Chase! Breakfast is ready!" I yelled as I put the food on the table. "I'm coming!" He yelled from upstairs. Few minutes later, there was a footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Ok mommy!" He pulled out the chair and sat on it as he eats his food. I poured myself a coffee and walked back to the table as I eats with him.

After we finished eating, I put the dishes away and grabbed my keys and phone. Chase picked up his back and walked out of the house. I locked the door and walked with Chase to school. Once we got there, I bended down to his height.

"Alright Chase..have a good day. Behave good and I'll see you later." I said as I fixed his hair. He nodded and and gave me a kiss.

"Bye mommy

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Bye mommy.." He waved as he walked to his class. I stood up and smiled. I can't believe my baby boy is growing up. I remember him as a baby. His first word, his walk,his first smile, and everything. I don't want my baby to grow up. 

I walked back to my house and saw Corey waiting on the front. I jogged towards him. "Hey sorry for keeping you waiting. I was dropping Chase off to school." I apologized as I opened the door.

He shook his head . "It's ok,how's he doing?"He asked in curiosity. "He's doing ok. Thanks for asking." I said as I let him inside.

Corey looked around the house. "Wow you have a beautiful home.." He said as he walked in the living room. I put my keys and my phone on the counter as I walked in the living room. "Thank you.. now are you going to tell me what's going on?" I said in a harsh tone.

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry...for not responding your texts or calls. I've been busy with my baseball career and my phone got hacked. I couldn't remember your phone number..."

I scoffed. "Really? Are you telling the truth?" I rolled my eyes.

He frowned. "Yes. I'm serious. I didn't expect to be a famous baseball player. I have so many things to focus on and I forgot about you. One of my fan hacked my phone so I had to get new phone and new numbers."

"Even when you had a break from baseball, why didn't you visit me?" I said.

He stayed silent and looked down. "I got back together with Madisyn..."

"Wow... so instead of looking for me, you've decided to get back together with her? Wow. Just wow. Congrats." I said in a sarcastic.

"Hey! I came to your house and you weren't home. Someone was living in your home. They told me that you moved out, how am I supposed to contact you." He said as he was frustrated.

"That doesn't mean you can go back together with Madisyn. You're being ridiculous." I said as I rolled my eyes.

He quickly changed the subject. "Who is the little boy? Is he your son? Is his daddy around?"

I stared at him and shook my head. "That's none of your business." I said as I was about to leave. Corey stopped me from leaving by grabbing my arm. "Who is he? Is he my son? Because he looks like me." He said in a serious tone.

I pulled away from his grip and shook my head. "Leave now.." He shook his head. "I am not leaving until you tell me the truth."

I looked away from his face and bit my lips. "Yes... he is my son and...y..you're his daddy.."

There was a dead silence between us. I didn't hear anything from Corey so I looked back to him and saw an angry face. Oh boy...this is gonna be a long morning....

Dun dun dun! Cliffhanger! Anyway,I've decided to update another chapter since y'all want one lol. Hope you like it! :D