Lindsey Finds His 'Inner Hairy Man'

This story came to my mind after watching an episode of the amazing show called "Cheers." The bar where everybody knows your name!

The episode that had inspired this chapter, is called "Get Your Kicks On Route 666."

Credit to the Brilliant team of Glen Charles, James Burrows and Les Charles; The episode was written by Dan O'shannon and Tom Anderson.

*A couple of hours later*

"Look! My little girl is riding around with my momma!" Stevie said, as she has tears in her eyes.

"We're riding with them! Jeez! Have you had a mimosa, too?" Christine questions, as she gives Stevie a little smile.

"She's right there," Christine said, pointing to Danica, who's sitting on Barbara's lap, as they're driving around Santa Monica.

But the extent of their driving, is driving around in a circle around their neighborhood.  Or Danica would have been seated in a car seat.

"I was eight years old, running with, a dime in my hand. Into the bus stop, to pick up a paper, for my old man. I'd sit on his lap in that big old Buick, and steer as we drove through the town. He'd tousle my hair, and say 'Son take a good luck around; This is your hometown.
This is your hometown. This is your hometown. This is your hometown. This is your hometown,"
Christine sings, as Stevie, Barbara and Danica all look at her with comical expressions.

"Oh, come on! I can't sing a little Bruce?! You like him... You used to like him a lot," Christine said in a singsongy voice, as Stevie covers Christine's mouth.

"Now that's enough from you, crazy lady!" She exclaims.

"You know Bwuce Springsteen?" Danica questions with wide eyes.

*My Hometown, written and recorded by Bruce Springsteen. Released on the 'Born In The USA' album*

****

"Well, I think that was a successful night," Lindsey exclaims, as Danica is sleeping in bed with him and Stevie; She's in between them.

"I think so too," Stevie smiles, as she tousles Danica's curly hair.

"You know, this is not how I planned my life to be... I thought I'd be out on the road, promoting my latest album, and... Just traveling all around the world, and .. Seeing the world," Stevie said in a deep sigh.

"But, would I honestly change a thing?! Absolutely not!" Stevie smiles.

"Really?" Lindsey replies with a smile, yet a little shocked, since he knows that Stevie lives for touring.

"Really... You and Danica are my life now.. We'll all be out on the road eventually with Fleetwood Mac. But, in the meantime.. I'm content right here... With you and this sweetheart," Stevie smiles, as she kissed Danica on the top of her head.