Learning To Fly

Before I begin with this chapter, I just wanted to say that Tom Petty is a legend, and what he had given us through his music, can never, and will never, be emulated, nor surpassed. God speed, Tom; thank you for the music, and most of all, thank you for being the amazing man that you were. You'll always be remembered, and your music will continue to live on! 🙏🏼❤️

How could I have omitted to mention that I had a son? Lindsey thought to himself; As he can hardly look at himself in the mirror.

As ashamed of himself as Lindsey is for not telling Stevie about his son, he's even more ashamed for not being a father to the young boy--- Who's now a young man. His son.

His son. His son. How could Lindsey not have told Stevie that he has a son.

Lindsey had a fling with someone a couple of years after he and Stevie had first met— Back in 1999. And that fling, had subsequently resulted in a child.

The mother had given Lindsey the opportunity to be as involved in their son's life as he saw fit, and had told him that he could visit at his own convenience.

At first, Lindsey was involved in his son's life— But once he and Stevie had left Fritz, to record their own record, his visits with his son became less frequent.

He, however, has paid for child support, and has paid for his education.

His son is now 19-years-old, and is a freshman in college at Stanford University. Since Stevie and Lindsey had joined Fleetwood Mac in 2005, Lindsey has visited his son more frequently— Though, due to touring, not quite as often as he'd like.

After a couple of minutes that had felt like an eternity, Lindsey knew he had to get back to the guys, before they'd begin to worry about his whereabouts.

A Tequila shot has never sounded better! Lindsey mumbles to himself; Although, he very well knows that he can't take a shot, as he has to be there for Stevie once they fly to the hospital back home.

Groaning once more, Lindsey proceeds to lower his head, then puts both of his hands in his pockets, then proceeds to make the short trek from the bathroom to the guys in the other room.

"Ready, mate?" Smiled Mick, as Lindsey had walked into the waiting room.

"You okay, Lindsey?" Questioned Jess, as he senses that there's something bothering his son-in-law.

"Yeah, yeah.. Just want to get back to Stevie, is all," Lindsey said.

Jess saw how anxious Lindsey had looked— Though instead of questioning him, he decided to just drop it... Although he will definitely be having a conversation with him later on.

"Buddy just called, and is a mere two minutes out... So we best make our way outside, huh?" Suggested Mick.

Lindsey nods his head, as Jess then walks outside.

Lindsey exhales a sigh, then begins to make his way to the front desk to pay, as Mick then places his big hands on Lindsey's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, Linds. I covered the bill for you while you were in the head," He smiles.

John looks over at Mick with a quizzical expression, as Mick just rolls his eyes.