For The Longest Time

* In the waiting room *

Everyone stood up in anticipation of hearing good news, once Christine had walked into the room, though their elation quickly turned to worry, as they saw the blank expression on Christine's face. "Chris?" Said Mick and John in unison, as Jess's face had turned pale; fearing the worst. "Christine, what happened to my daughter?" Jess says, as fatherly instincts have kicked in, and he can tell by Christine's pale expression, that things are most definitely not alright where his daughter is concerned.

"Well, I-I-I think that she will be okay. One moment she was-s-she was fine, then the next, she was struggling for breath, and, they said that she was hypertensive, then they had asked me and Lindsey to leave, though Lindsey flat out refused to leave." Christine says, as everyone has their eyes darted to Christine; listening intently at what she has to say.

"And.. And, the babies?" Questioned Mick, as he and John are anxiously biting down on their fingernails, as Jess is having difficulty with processing, as he's quite worried for his daughter's health, as well as the health of his two unborn granddaughters.

Christine nods her head, then bit her lip, before saying, "I-I-don't know. They never mentioned that the babies were in any harm, but I-I am not positive." Christine says, as the tears that had welled up in her eyes, have now fallen down her cheeks. John walks up to Christine, as she then collapsed into his arms, and begins to sob into his chest.

"Well, let's pray.. Pray for Stephanie's health, and pray that the babies are healthy." Declared Jess. "What's.. Going on?!" Smiled Barbara, as she and Danica had walked into the room; her smile had dissolved upon seeing the blank expression on everyone's faces. "Jess?" Questioned Barbara, as tears began to glisten in her eyes; knowing that something is definitely not quite alright with her daughter.

"Jess, come on.. You're terrifying me here. W-w-what's happening to my baby?" Barbara says with a shaky voice, as her voice was getting higher with each word she spoke. "Um." Said Jess, as Danica then pulled on Barbara's pants. "Gramma, why do you sound so sad? .. Is mommy okay?" Questioned Danica, as she gazed up at her gramma with wide eyes.

"Oh, honey.. Your mommy is okay, sweets.. She.. She's just getting closer to having the babies is all." Barbara says, as she puts on a small smile, although she didn't like that she had lied to her granddaughter; even if she knew that it was for her own good.

"Um.. Bruce, Patti.." Said Jess, as they stared intently at him. "Yes?!" They responded. "Would you two mind if--" "We'll take Miss Dani out of your hair." Said Bruce, as he had rustled Danica's hair; emitting a laugh from her. "Want to go for a tour of the hospital, Miss Danica?!" Patti says, after she had knelt down to Danica's level. "Can we go see the babies in the nursery?" Questioned Danica with bright eyes.

"We can go anywhere you want." Smiled Bruce, as they were then on their way.

"Jess?" Barbara turned toward him, as tears had rolled down her cheeks. "Stevie..." "Barbara, I'm so sorry." Christine began. "Stevie was perfect one moment, then she began to have trouble breathing, and the doctor said that she was hypertensive." "Oh, God!" Gasped Barbara. "And they are doing everything that they can to help Stevie."

"How are the babies?" "I-I don't know. They had asked me to leave, b-but, I-I.. I think that the babies are doing okay. I didn't hear anything that indicated that they were in danger." Christine says, as she once again had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"H-h-how did this happen?!" Barbara questions; as, like Jess, she's having difficulty with processing. "To my knowledge, Teedee's blood pressure was fine. It may have been slightly elevated, although, I'd assume that that's normal considering how long she had been in labor."