The Divination Classroom

"Bloody hell when did you get so tall?"

"Watch out. That's my ankle you've just trod on."

"Owww."

"Hey, careful where you stick that thing."

"I can't see the bloody thing to watch where I stick it..."

"Blimey! - UMPFH!"

"Our feet are showing."

"Fuck the cloak!" Sirius ripped the cloak off the top of their heads, "We're too big for it altogether." He looked about at them. They hadn't even gotten out of the dormitory yet and they were already encountering snags in the plan. He refused to make eye contact with Remus, knowing already exactly what he'd see if he did - an expectation to call it all off. But Sirius wasn't about to call it off. He considered the cloak, and rubbed his chin. "Alright, this is simple enough. We need the cloak bigger, yeah? Engorgio." He tapped it with his wand.

The cloak expanded.

"There we are. Bloody hell, we're idiots. C'mon, let's try this again," he waved for the others to gather about and Remus unfolded the map, shaking it out. Their shoes still showed a bit but in the dark, as long as they kept out of the way of Filch and Mrs. Norris, then they'd be fine, ankles or no. "Lead the way, Moony," Sirius commanded.

Remus held his wand low to the parchment, the tip only lighted just bright enough to see the little labelled dots roaming about. The common room was empty. "Coast's clear. C'mon." They inched their way out of the dormitory and down the stairs, headed for the portrait of the Fat Lady and along the corridor. Sirius's hands on Remus's shoulders, James and Peter lurking along close behind. Remus carefully directed them along the halls of the castle, to the stairs - down two flights, across the width of the castle, then back up into the spire as they reached the Divination tower.

"Check for Mopsus," whispered Sirius.

"In his room," Remus answered, pointing to the map to a chamber down the hall. The dot did not appear to be moving. "Asleep, perhaps."

"Good. Maybe he won't wake up. Like ever."

"Sirius!" Remus hissed, "You can't go wishing people dead, even Mopsus. How'd you like it if it turned out he was?"

"Make this whole problem go away, wouldn't it?" Sirius asked. "Besides, don't you wish Voldy dead everyday? Is it really terrible to wish an evil villain dead?"

"Bloody hell. Let's not get into a whole ethics discussion. Not now."

"For the record, you lot, that means no it's not terrible, Sirius you're right, and I, Remus John Lupin, am wrong for once in my sexy life."

"Just go unlock the door already."

"I'm going, I'm going..." Sirius murmured, grinning, and he ducked out from under the cloak, withdrawing the little knife that Remus and James had purchased over summer to get him free from Grimmauld Place, and he jammed it into the lock of the door, making quick work of picking it open. "Alright you lot. Let's go."

They stepped through the door into the dark classroom and looked around as they moved nearly silently down the levels of seats to the front of the room, where Mopsus always sat on the stool in the center of the room. Sirius moved past it to the desk, the others following. Remus went to inspect a bookshelf and Peter stared up at the collection of clocks that hung there on the wall.