Chapter Two- 'I never win'

-Joey's P.O.V-

As I lay there, on my bed, different scenarios of what will happen tomorrow popped into my head.

I couldn't help but cringe.

I've never been beaten up before. Or laughed at. Or shouted at.

One image of a pour victim after one of our 'attacks' popped into my mind. I close my eyes in disgust. How could I do something like that to someone?

What was is name again.. Sean maybe?

Shane?

Shane. Definitely Shane.

He lay there. Propped up against the metal lockers, lip bust, eyes red raw from the tears that we're leaking from them.

It was awful.

I remember thinking, his pale skin will be covered in dark blue and purple marks tomorrow.

And it was.

All because he was Gay.

I felt something run down my face.

When did I start crying?

I don't want that to happen to me. I don't want to feel so weak that I can't stand. Or feel scared. Scared that any minute I could run into Sawyer. Or anyone for that matter.

And god only knows what would happen to me if I did.

Lana Del Ray. Summertime Sadness. My phone.

I sit up wiping my tears away, along with all of the horrible thoughts, and anxiously reaching for my phone on the bedside cabinet.

Oh God.

Sawyer.

Will I answer it or not? He's probably ringing to tell me everybody knows and I better watch out tomorrow..

Oh god.. It's about to ring out..

Crap.

I pressed answer.

"Hello?", I stuttered.

Sawyer coughed, "Right, I'm not going to tell you that everything will go back to normal. Because they won't.", I shifted uncomfortably on the blue bed sheets.

"I know."

"I don't want you hanging with us anymore.", he said coolly as if he wasn't making me feel like crap.

"I thought you'd say that..", I mumbled.

"You're coming out with us tonight though." Coming out? What did he mean by that?

"What?"

"I've arranged for you and Luke to meet me near the park. But of course Luke will probably bring people with him. He always does. Anyway, outside the park, 9 o'clock."

"Why do you want me to be there?", I ask. Shaking badly. I can hardly keep my phone against my ear.

"You're going to come out. I don't care if you don't want to. It's happening.", he demanded. I have a feeling he won't take no for an answer. "Or else I'll tell everyone tomorrow."

Crap.

-Shane's P.O.V-

Fog blocked my way. But I could make out the dark silhouettes of a group of boys, seven maybe?, around my age.