Chapter Six- 'him'

Chapter Six- 'him'

-Joey's P.O.V-

I sat on my bed staring at my hands, smiling.

I spent the whole day with Shane. He's actually such a nice person.

I hate myself for what I done to him..

"It's in the past", that's what Shane says anyway.

We sat by the pond. Talking. About nothing in particular.

Except every time I'd start talking about my family he'd change the subject quickly without another word.

"My dad is hardly ever at home, what about your da-"

"Oh, look at them ducks"

At the time I didn't pass any remarks. I would just look at the random excuse. But now I realise he's obviously hiding something.

I just wish he'd tell me everything and let me help him.

He made me feel so much better about myself. Maybe I could do that for him..?

I'm still dreading tomorrow.

Shane took my phone for the night, which at first I was a little apprehensive about, but after a while of him saying,

"I'm not letting you look at those messages, Joey."

He convinced me.

So, I was just sitting here. Nothing to do. No one to talk to.

Loner.

None of this would have happened if I had never seen him.

His beautiful smile. White teeth. Blonde hair.

He's gorgeous.

He's the reason I'm gay.

-Shane's P.O.V-

I came home to an empty house.

I have no idea where my dad is. He does this sometimes.

It's not the first time.

He hadn't left a note or any money for food, although I'm not surprised.

Why would he waste money on me when he needs it for alcohol?

I sit in the darkness of my bedroom, on the floor, against the wall with nothing to do. No one to talk to.

I wish Joey was here. I've never had a friend before. Someone who I could open up and tell everything to.

But I can't tell him about my dad. He wouldn't ever come near the hell I call home.

I feel a slight vibration in my left pocket.

"Oh", I mumble. I forgot I took Joey's phone. I couldn't let him read what people were saying to him.

"Go kill yourself faggot"

"Ha! You're all alone!"

"Watch out tomorrow ;)"

I had to take his phone. If I would have let him leave with it and then hear something had happened to him over-night I would hate myself.

Being with Joey today made me realise how lonely I really was.

He's nice.

And he's hot.

I mean, I always thought this. Even when he was kicking the shit out of me.

And knowing that he's actually a nice person makes him a lot more attractive.

But I know he doesn't like me back.

Friend zoned..

Only because he kept going on about Tyler. The only accepted gay guy in our school.

He's left alone because he's Ingrid's bestfriend. Luke's girlfriend.

And that makes him lucky enough to be bypassed on their way to me. Their punching bag.

My eyes start to close over so I push myself up of the ground and get a lot more comfortable in my bed.

I may as well sleep, I have nothing better to do and It's not like my dad will be coming home tonight anyway.

___________________

Hai! This chapter is only short because it's night and they're going to sleep. So on the next chapter it'll be morning and they'll have to go to school etc.

I just think it looks better to end the chapter instead of saying;

*Next Day*

Anyhoo, that photo of Joey, gawd.

Spelling mistakes- sorry!

I'll update again before 24:00! And at the minute it's 21:22.. so..

Bye <3